Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micheal Johnson's 19.32 200

Being 12 and uninterested in track during the time, I never watched the track portion of the 1996 Olympic games, and therefore i missed what could be the most electrifying race in track history. Does anyone know where I would be able to download this race from the internet, or buy it from somewhere? Since I am now a track fanatic, and myself running track, I REALLY want to see this race. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Micheal Johnson's 19.32 200

NBC produced a tape called "America's Games". The
    Greatest Moments Of The 1996 Centennial Olympic Games. If you have a SunCoast in a mall near you,
    you may be able to get it there or maybe order it from them. This tape has MJ's race. Or try a search engine with America's Games. The 1996 Olympics.

Comment

THE USOC in Colorado Springs should have it

Comment

M. J.'s 19.32 200m

I have it on VHS tape. Would it be illegal to put it on a website?

Comment

Re: M. J.'s 19.32 200m

>I have it on VHS tape. Would it be illegal to put
          >it on a website?>>

If it's a tape made off your TV set, or from an IAAF film, yes, it would be illegal.

If it's something you took in the stands, it's probably "illegal," in that the original broadcaster may still hold the rights to all moving images, but if you're not selling it, they're not likely to come after you. (And since it's track, they probably don't care anyway.)

ps--note: I am not a lawyer. Just my feel for the marketplace.

Comment

Take a look at this page on the left there are links under "VIDEO GALLERY" you can view both his 400m run in Atlanta and the 200m. Even the "high bandwidth" video is kind of small you may still want to see if you can purchase a video of it somewhere.</p>
            http://www.olympic.org

Comment

Hmmm guess we can't do html on this board. Here's the link again:

http://www.olympic.org/uk/athletes/hero ... _ID=119467

Comment

Working...
              X