Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Webb Washed Up?

Alan Webb runs 3:53 in high school and he is going to burn up the track world. Well that is what he and almost everyone thought but we were wrong. Since then he has not run under 3:58 in the mile. I have seen his workouts in the book "sub-4" so it is not a matter of him being in shape. I think he need to stop worring about being the best in the world and start worring about getting under 3:55 or he will not make the 2004 Oly team.

Re: Alan Webb Washed Up?

This topic has been discussed at length on several threads. Scroll down a bit.

Comment

I know this has been discussed but.
      Michigan fans will be saying Alan who? after Nick Willis recorded 3.36.5 in Zagreb the other day, this is equivilent to approx 3.53 mile.
      This coupled with his good (winning) form in ncaa regional competition in comparitivly slow races leads me to say. I think Michigan currently have the better athlete,

Comment

Dear Webb critics,

There has been 100's of posts on several sites about poor Mr. Webb. I have moticed two broad categories of commenters:

Type A. When he ran 3:53 these types annointed him the new messiah of American miling. MOST of these people now regard him as a washed up has-been, who shoulda done this and shoulda done that, and should not have done this and should not have done that.

Type B. When he ran his 3:53 these types said not so fast, he should not have to rush ibto this, give him time. This year, these types say do not be so quick to criticize, give him time to mature, he'll be fine.

Now I know MOST of you reading this would like to think of yourselves as type B, but think very hard as to whether there hasn't been a little type A in you. Now think how much you would like to be in his shoes and have 100's if not 1000's of people discussing how you went wrong. Not so great, huh.

Signed,
        Erstwhile Type A

Comment

Not that Webb deserves all the bashing and second-guessing that the uberexperts are proud to trot out to make them look like they might actually know something, but if I were in Webb's shoes I wouldn't complain. I could console myself by counting my $, which is more than most of them will earn in even 10 years at their crap jobs that they escape to the internet message boards from.

Comment

How about we quit bitchin' about Webb for a while.
            At least give a few months or seasons or something and if he doesn't do better, then bitch, but for now this topic is played out and there is very little new information anyone could presents.
            Move on.

Comment

Nobody really thinks Webb will make the Olympic team in 2004.

Who is for Nick Willis becoming an American citizen.
              Import Nick Willis now!

Wow, there really is not much to say on this topic anymore.

One last point.

Lets stop talking about this current crop of great high school milers. If they perform like Alan Webb and Ryan Hall at the professional or college level who cares. These guys make Gabe Jennings look good!

2003 will be remember as a year US milers took a giant step backwards. If Jason Lunn is your top miler you know things are bad!

Comment

lets see how jason lunn does in rome tommorrow.

Comment

Give Webb some time for crying out loud. I think he needs some solid coaching to move to the next level - his HS coach might have been able to get him in shape for a one shot deal, but now he's trying to move up, and Raczko doesn't seem to be able to do it. For all the complaints about Bob Timmons, at least his methods yielded improvement from Ryun and others. When Raczko first began to handle Webb, Webb had already run 4:06.9 as a soph - no help from Raczko.

Webb also seemed to not be as smooth as he appeared to be in HS, maybe he was injured and didn't want to talk about it.

Comment

>2003 will be remember as a year US
                    >milers took a giant step backwards.

Backwards from WHAT exactly?

Comment

<<backwards from what>>

There was a time when there was at least one American ranked in the 10 ten each year in the mile/1500m.

Last year at least Krummenacker ran a world class 1500m.

2003 may also be the first year that a US miler does not qualify with the A standard time.

Comment

><<backwards from what>>

There was a time when
                        >there was at least one American ranked in the 10
                        >ten each year in the mile/1500m.

Last year at
                        >least Krummenacker ran a world class
                        >1500m.

2003 may also be the first year that a
                        >US miler does not qualify with the A standard
                        >time.

lets see how jason lunn does in rome today, he beat krummenacker this year, and he might get pulled to a fast time today.

Comment

Is Berryhil running too.

Maybe both Lunn and Berryhill can push each other to a respectable time. They can make up for that disgraceful US championship 1500 meters performance.

Comment

What happened to Tim Broe.

Didn't Broe break Steve Scott's indoor 3000-meter record. I think his time was 7:39.23.

Comment

Broe is hurt. Yet another Warhurst injuried worrior

Comment

Working...
                              X