Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I would haved liked to see (in T&FN)...

>Nice post--good analysis...didn't notice a typo
    >but you used attitude twice in that one sentence
    >when once would do.

My apologies...syntax is usually important to me but I was watching the Tour on TiVo at the time. I'll be more careful next time...so have you spotted the typo yet?

Comment

It depends how you use the magazine. For me its very helpful to have the results shown. I use the magazine for reference, not just currently, but over a period of time. Having all the magazines (photocopies for some of the earlier years) over its 55 year life means that I can refer easily to any major event or meeting of the second half of the 20th century. Now I suspect that this is highly unusual for a T&FN reader, but I'll always make room for T&FN on my bookshelves (who needs Sartre or Shakespeare)

Comment

I think richardh expresses my views as well. I'm a fan of the sport, but also enjoy the history as well. The magazine allows for written documentation of the sport, and I can't count the times I have pulled out an old issue to enjoy. The internet is great, but nothing can replace the print and pictures of the magazine.

Comment

you should have typed "let's" instead of "lets."

Comment

Richardh wrote:
            >I'll always make room for T&FN on my bookshelves (who needs Sartre or Shakespeare)<

Richard, if you're throwing out Shakespeare to make room for T&FN, what you need is an additional bookcase.

Comment

richardh, I have them all too ! And like you and El Supremo, they make a great resource tool with a fair measure of infrequency, plus sometimes it's just fun to pull out a buch from a random year and l=rread them.... did that last night with 1988.

Comment

Working...
              X