Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: J.J Johnson and Kostas Kenteris

>Actually, JJJ has a very good agent in Tony Campbell

I'm pretty sure he's not with Tony Campbell any more. JJJ has a new-look site online:

http://www.joshuajjohnson.com

Comment

And who would the web manager be?! Jon! What an insidious plug! Good job though. Oklahoma Panhandle University? Never heard of it.

Comment

>And who would the web manager be?! Jon! What an insidious plug! Good job
        >though.

;-)

(Look out for Larry Wade's and Inger Miller's coming soon.....)

Comment

>>Kenteris has that unique aproach to the sport, he prefers focus on the big events and forget about the meets. Nobody that is a world class athlete ever did something like that

Oh really? What is so unique about that? That is purely out of Eastern bloc 101, and was the modus operandi for everybody from the USSR through China (and STILL is common for Chinese athletes).

Since the Eastern bloc "training records" are now open for review, the guessing as to why coaches and athletes would put together a plan like that has now been confirmed- their intention all along was to taper off the stuff as the big meet approached, and until then avoid at all costs meets where there may be testing. The best way to do that is just stay at home out of the spotlight.

Mandatory out-of-competition testing was supposed to address that, but it only works if the athlete shows up to be tested.

What other conclusion should we draw? If anybody leaves the country (or tells friends to tell everybody that he has left the country) and "blows off" out of competition testing- why isn't he given a mandatory 2-year suspension?
          When is the IAAF going to put teeth in enforcement?
          I guess it would mean shifting attention and compliance resources away from North America, which Dick "Junk Yard Dog" Pound just doesn't want to let go of- he still hasn't got enough satisfaction in revenge for Ben Johnson.
          So people like "K" in Greece get a free ride.

Comment

>Oklahoma Panhandle University? Never heard of it.

I hadn't heard of it (although I only know a few US Colleges/Universities, being British and all....) but here's their site - http://www.opsu.edu

Comment

1,- <1st/jj his agent is peter stubbs/stacey dragilla agent>

2.-<its [email protected]>

3.-<only trials matter/he is biggest 200 runner since tommie smith/he is closer to 6"4/215.
              has tommie-jett wheels>

Comment

what exactly are 'the rumors' about K.K.?

and now greece is like a new eastern bloc athletics dynasty? hold on, i just spit drink on the screen from laughing

Comment

>what exactly are 'the rumors' about K.K.?

and now greece is like a new
                  >eastern bloc athletics dynasty? hold on, i just spit drink on the screen from
                  >laughing

Dunno about the Eastern Bloc rumours, but the Greek team have a stack of rumours circulating about them. "Greek coaches" and "the Greek team" have been mentioned several times among all the BALCO news stories. Also, KK's (and Thanou's) coach, Christos Tzekos, has had a coaching suspension in the past for physically holding back the testers while his athletes escaped the building at some athletics meet a few years ago.

Of course, we don't know just how true these rumours are, but there's a whole loada things suspicious about the Greek team (maybe not all of the Greek team are involved, but a good few are).

Comment

I never compared the Greek system to the Eastern bloc 'dynasty'- certainly not in terms of scouring the public schools and leaving no stone unturned for talent, then doping the kids to the gills...it takes a dictatorship with basically unlimited funds to do that...
                    but there are some troubling parallels in anecdotal evidence- that incident in Germany being just one of quite a few 'reported' happenings-
                    one story even had it that the Greek coach 'punched out' a member of the pee-in-this-bottle-right-now team while his athletes fled out a side dooor...
                    I suspect that's an exagerration of what actually happened-
                    he probably merely played the 'no sprichenze Deutsch' game while pointing to a pigeon flying around overhead and warning 'you have to watch over for those before they dive-bomb you'!...while his athletes fled out the side door.

I'm not saying any specific Greek athlete is guilty, but it looks very very suspicious when you look at all the anecdotal evidence together- suddenly creaming the world's best coming out of 'nowhere'- biggest success being in the explosive events where certain wonder substances are known to benefit the most; just happening to be 'out of the country at an unknown location' every time the WADA flying squad comes around.

...unfortunately a lot of innocent Greek athletes get a bad name when this type of stuff goes on, so it would be in their best interest for them to insist that the Greek federation 'clean house'.
                    Silence in answering these concerns in a detailed, factual, step-by-step manner is the same thing that got USATF in trouble, and I doubt that the Greek Federation has the same legal privacy issues!

Comment

wow - when I alluded to these very allegations last summer, I was taken out back and paddled quite severely by the powers-that-be here. In light of BALCO, I guess we have a much less strict attitude about seeing some fire in the midst of all the smoke.

Comment

No allegations of fire (yet), just commenting on the smoke...

Comment

There were no documents naming the Greeks last year, just Internet foolishness; the documents may not pan out, but "facts" are now part of the public domain. That's the monstrous difference.

Comment

Then I missed the 'facts'. What documents?

Comment

I may be mistaken, but I believe that J.J. Johnson is now represented by Peter Stubbs, not T.C.

Comment

Google turns up many outlets reporting the Greek involvement. This one was top of list

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/3492207.stm

Comment

Working...
                                X