Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Collective letter to Runner's World

I agree with the original poster. We should actually set RW headquarters on fire!

Comment

hence your name

Comment

I never said the comment before yours. This is the danger of open unregistered forums. Anyone can type in someones name.

Comment

DearRe: Collective letter to Runner's World

Dear " I hate RW ! "

I have one word and name for you, evident by your immature hostility to things that are not very important:

LOSER

Comment

>I never said the comment before yours. This is
            >the danger of open unregistered forums. Anyone
            >can type in someones name.>>

Huh? If you want to register as "annoying bastard" you can/should do so; nobody else will then be able to use it.

Comment

>Huh? If
              >you want to register as "annoying bastard" you
              >can/should do so; nobody else will then be able
              >to use it.
              Except that there are ways around that.

Comment

really?

Comment

I an not into distance running, but I like some of the information on products and gear in RW. I read it at Borders instead of buying it. Now racewalking I don't understand. Well we all can't be happy all the time.

Comment

Clearly, I haven't felt proprietary enough about the name to register it. I'm not certain, but I think you can tell from the front page if a name is registered or not (only for those who actually start threads). Looks to me like registered names are in a bold face and the non-r's are italics.

Comment

...and you're such a WINNER, hjsteve!

Comment

As I said before, we're all friends here, after all the BS is put aside. No hard feelings by anyone anytime I hope.

Comment

Remember: all those annoying non-athlete fatsos buy shoes. RW's non-threatening "you can do it" attitude tries to get more people into the sport, and thus sell more shoes. And without those shoes T&FN is still profiling AMATEUR track & field. Like it or not, RW readers make our sport possible.

I suscribe to it not for any hard news or cutting-edge training advice but as something to help get me up off my butt and out the door. Yes, the writing is often poor and the science is laughable, but they target the "participant" while T&FN profiles the "competitors". I wonder about someone who feels the sport is tarnished just because there are people doing it that aren't terribly serious about it. The old-man basketball leagues I've seen don't make the NBA less meaningful, so why should guys like Rick Majerus running a 5k affect the importance of a GP meet? And don't give me that crap about how it's affected the training patterns of our emerging elite; top athletes in any sport understand how hard you must work, or else they won't be top athletes.

And I've said many times before that RW's Daily News is basically daily news for track & field, cross country, and road running. It's a must-read for track fans.

Comment

I am one who posted on the previous thread re: RW magazine and I'll say it again (as has been said by most on this thread) RW in no way down grades or trivializes serious, competitive running. It simply is there for the fitness runner (I don't like the word jog or jogger). T&FN, on the other hand, obviously is about serious, competitive athletes. I lov'em both--at age 58 I run 12-15 miles per week at about 10 minute pace and I am an avid follower of competitive,serious track and field.Both have their place. And I personally think that most RW articles are well written and informative and FUN--especially when written by former serious runner, Don Kardong!

Comment

Working...
                            X