Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mt SAC streaming audio/video

The broadcast was produced by Mt. Sac Broadcast Services and staffed by college employees and students. The production used five cameras and the college video production truck, which is used to teach remote broadcast production in our television area. We used a DPS Whiplash unit for replays, a Pinnacle Deko for graphics and a 360 Systems video server for commercial playback.

The webcast was originated in the TV truck and sent over fiber to our Broadcast Master Control center in the library. From there it was encoded using Real Producer and sent to our Helix streaming media server for distribution. Although the server monitor didn't indicate that there was a problem with additional viewers connecting, we obviously had some sort of problem that we will address next year.

I hope to offer the broadcast to people using Windows Media Player next year as well.

In addition to the webcast, the program was fed to a 12' x 16' video screen at the south end of the stadium.

A crew of just 12 people produced the 20 hours of video that was broadcast this year. We thank you all for the many kind comments and suggestions. We are VERY proud of our broadcast program here at Mt. Sac.

Comment

And well you should be!

Comment

It was very well done. Kudos and thanks to all involved in the production of the meet and webcast.

Comment

I agree - superb job!

It's great being able to WATCH the Mt. SAC meet as opposed to just flicking through pages of results (which is what most of us have to do for all the early season meets). Look forward to next year's broadcast!

Comment

William, Scott,

i hope this is an example of the future of track. While [email protected] was showing Curling (I kid you not), you were doing an awesome job. I hoep this is the start of something big....Track beyond the networks! PS- I'd be willing to pay for this!

Thanks again for a agreat effort!

Comment

Working...
            X