Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You

Thank you's go out to the people that gave me the Irish Throwers club and the Danjohn websites. I feel like a kid in a cyber candy store.

Re: Thank You

GO TWISTER!!! Good luck throwing tomorrow- Iowa State games will never be the same.

Comment

Day one is over Shot-30ft 1/2 inch. Bad form, tweaked shoulder in warmups. Saw some good throws. 100m-don't know time, 3rd in heat. I think around 12.5-12.6. Will find out sunday. I came a long way since I was running 13.4's in March.

Comment

Found out I ran a :12.93 in the 100m. The guys that ran 1&2 at 12.5 were less than arms length from me. Today-discus 93-9, high jump-4-10. not a bad jump considering I am only 5-7 and weigh 190. 5ft was real close. I got an idea for the Masters Nationals next year-Outdoor pentatholon. 200m,high jump,discus,javilin,1500m. might be fun.

Comment

>I got an idea for the Masters Nationals next year-Outdoor pentatholon. 200m,high
          jump,discus,javilin,1500m. might be fun.<<

You'll be ok as long as they don't add a spelling bee.

Comment

They are offering a pentathlon at this year's Master's Nationals. You might want to check out masterstrack dot com for info on meets, rankings, All-American status etc.

Comment

Funny, why don't you post any attempt by yourself in any type of meet. It takes nerve to compete and more nerve to post results when you are as average as me. I know Allen Russell is doing the Master Pent this year in Oregon. I am aiming for the Big Dog Track Club meet Aug.16 in Des Moines(Urbandale). That is a little closer and cheaper for travel.

Comment

>Found out I ran a :12.93 in the 100m. The guys
                >that ran 1&2 at 12.5 were less than arms length
                >from me.

My, those are pretty long arms you've got - must be around 10 ft :-o
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Hey Twister you're welcome. I hope all the info helps. Keep an eye on the Irish Throwers Club site, as I find throwing links I add them, depending on how busy things are I update the site at least once a month. Best of luck with the rest of the season.

Tim

Comment

I do compete. W50- hammer- threw last Sat- 31.71/104-0 which was a PR.

Comment

I don't mean you hammer thrower(I wish I could throw it) I mean the Twisted spelling bee remark above yours. I would like to learn the hammer, you throw 16lb? Man, you are braver than me. 150 would place at the Masters Nationals.

Comment

I see what you mean Powell, They were using Links but were hand timing also. I do not know how accurate the times were. I know a few people were angry at the placings. I wish I was 10ft tall, could maybe high jump 8ft then.

Comment

Working...
                        X