Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzy and Regina...move up to 3000.

It will probably never happen since the 1500 is more the glamour event but I really think that Suzy and Regina would have more success in high level competition if they focused on the 3000.With their sub 2:00, 4:00 speed and both having good (Suzy 15:06), to excellent (Regina 14:45) 5000 times they could really blitz the 3000 if they targeted it. Most top level 3000 go in well over 8:30 and I believe Suzy and Regina could both break 8:20 in a fast paced race. But the main challenge is that the 3000 is not an Olympic, WC event. And the 5000 may be a little long to be ideal for them...but, maybe not.

Re: Suzy and Regina...move up to 3000.

Interesting...maybe Regina would go by Suzy at with 400 to go instead of the usual 200?

Comment

speaking of women's 3000,... too bad we'll never see another "WR" in our lifetimes.. Suzy & Regina: get a big supply of Chinese worm fungus (or whatever it was) and go for it. Will the '08 Games be on that same Beijing track? Good place to run fast times, apparently.

Comment

>It will probably never happen since the 1500 is
        >more the glamour event

Also money. Directly or in sponsorship.

Comment

Lynn: The move to 3k doesn't really make sense with it not being a champ event. I think both have shown enough potential at 5k to make a move up reasonable for both. Suzy can probably hit 14:50 or so. Can Regina still get faster? Who knows?

Comment

The 5000 would be fun to see with Gaby Szabo,the young Kenyans,Ethiopians,and Regina and Suzy.Lots of competition in that race.

Comment

Big difference between Suzy and Gabi: Szabo knows how to win. Her gun-lap relentlessness and acceleration are inhuman. Suzy, on the other hand ... Well, this may be putting it too strongly, and it's never a compliment but she ... chokes. Shoot, Szabo can do the final lap of a 5k faster than Suzy can do the final lap of a 1500. Here's another suggestion for Suzy and Regina, whose combined ages are somewhere around 75: Retire already!

Comment

what are u talking about? who cares if their combined ages are over 75. regina jacobs just broke the indoor world record for the 1500. i think thats amazing how she is 40 or so and is still breaking world records. you just need to shut up

Comment

Working...
                X