Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usain “Lightening” Bolt could run sub 44.00 by next Fall ??

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usain “Lightening” Bolt could run sub 44.00 by next Fall ??

Usain “Lightening” Bolt could run sub 44.00 by next Fall for the 400 meters!!.

I personally think Usain Bolt is focusing on at least sub 20.00 seconds this year for the 200 meters. What happens next year will be even more phenomenal. I think Bolt will focus both on the 200 meters and the 400 meters for the next Olympics. The fact that this lad is not heavily competing in the 400 meters this year is strategic. After all the world recognize him in Paris this summer with perhaps a sub 20.00 clocking over the 200 meters the soon to be “National treasure of Jamaica”, will no doubt set is sight on the 400 meters where in an untested race earlier this summer he clocked 45.35 seconds. With improved blazing speed this summer and more strength training and a greater focus on the 400 meters over the next year perhaps starting this fall sub 44 seconds might not be any problem for this phenomenon!!!.

Gab the track guru

Re: Usain “Lightening” Bolt could run sub 44.00 by next Fal

Slow down dude!

You do remember......

Obea Moore
    Carter Suggs
    Francis Baldwin
    Cyril Wyatt
    Clinton Davis
    Don Webster
    Derrick Florence

right?

Comment

William Reed

Comment

enough with the hokey "Lightning" name. It is terrible. He can run sub 44 and if you continue to him add that silly nickname in there I'll have to plug my ears and yell "I'm not listening" until his career ends.

Other options for nicknames-

Nuts & Bolt
        Fabric Bolt
        Rifle Bolt
        Thunderbolt
        Bolt Away
        Bolt from the Blue
        Bolt Upright

I mean it's just hokey. It's like boxing or something. And there are a lot of sports we should model ourselves after, boxing ain't one of them.

Comment

I understand why you think this could happen. I'm not sure he could go sub 44 next year, maybe the year after(2005). I still think he could go sub 20 this year when pushed. He could go below 44.4 next year, but remember he's only 16 or 17.By the time he is 20, I definitely think he is sub 19.9 and sub 44 material. It takes alot of strength training and relaxation training to be able to be efficient in the last 100 of the 400. With his natural speed he could break 44.00 in a couple of years, but lets give him time to reach his top speed levels before he moves up to the 400.

Comment

Re: Usain “Lightning” Bolt could run sub 44.00 by next Fall

In direct response to "ACK" I did not nickname him "LIGHTNING" the fans and the world media did. It is a befiting term since it seems that people get struck by true speed. I do not know how to help you get comfortable with the terma but you will see it a lot.

Gab

Comment

With direct response to "brutal" I will not compare Athletes. Somtimes there is no comparison.

Gab

Comment

I think that he could do that if he focus on the event...but at this point in his career his focus is on the 200, and I really believe that he can get a medal in the WC and Olympics.
                I am sure that he is going to be in the 200 final in the WC, and if there is no surprise he will be in the top 3.
                If you look at the times running so far in the season, it is a very open race, and he is going to break the WJR and maybe get under 20.00 in the finals.

Comment

If the media continues to call him "Lightning" I can only hope they drop the Usain, like "Macho" Camacho (sp?), The Macho Man (Randy Savage), The Nature Boy (Rick Flair), etc. Wow, the more I start thinking about bad nicknames less I like "Lightning." How about Usain In The Brain (remote musical reference)? Or Usain I'm Not The Badest?

Maybe nicknames are a good thing? Kevin "Tanker Truck" Toth? Ingo "Achtung" Shultz?

Comment

"Brazilian Track fan" is very rational in his analysis. I agree with you.

Gab

Comment

>In direct response to "ACK" I did not nickname
                      >him "LIGHTNING" the fans and the world media
                      >did. >>

No, actually sir, you named him "Lightening" which led me to believe he was undergoing a Michael Jackson-like depigmentation process.

Comment

Is it just me, or is euan the ONLY person giving us info on Usain Bolt. I feel like he is Bolt's PR guy or something. Maybe he is his dad? whatever the case, running fast times like that at his age, although incredible, scares me. He is a great talent and I hope nothing but the best for him, but I also hope his body will be able to carry him through to his mid 20's. I just have the feeling in the back of my mind that he is just another fenom that runs fast young but burns out. I could be wrong so who knows, nothing is absolute.

Comment

With all the publicity this guy is getting at such a young age, I wonder if he has the personality & maturity to handle the media & the usual temptations all superstar athletes are confronted with. We all agree that his potential is enormous & he may be the next Michael Johnson.
                          Lets sit back & see how he fares at this year's World Championships. I would imagine he will run the 200 meters & do a 400 meter stint in the 4x400
                          meter relay.
                          We all have to keep in mind that sub 44.00 has only been accomplished lifetime (excluding altitude assisted locations) by ONLY 5 men :
                          Johnson,Reynolds,Watts,Everett & S. Lewis.
                          Even today's best 400 meter runner, Tyree Washington has never come close to cracking 44 seconds. (44.28 PB).
                          I'm a patient fan. Someday he might surprise us all, and time will tell. Michael Johnson came into his own after college, so lets just all enjoy watching Usain tear up Age Group & World Junior records for the time being.
                          Does anybody have any inside info on whether or not he plans to run for a U.S. based college?

Comment

So what if euan is bolt's PR man. He would be a lucky man to have such connections. Bolt is going to be an household name if he remains healthy. He is a star in the making. His name cannot be mentioned too much. I've heard Carl Lewis' name at least a couple thousand time over a ten year period. It's cool getting use to another.

Comment

I hope Usain Bolt does run sub-19.9 and sub-44 in the next two years. Otherwise, many members of this board will brand him a complete failure for not living up to "their" expectations (re: Alan Webb).

He's 16 years old, going on 17. There's a lot that can happen in the coming years that is beyond anyone's control.

Comment

Working...
                              X