Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: 100/200 final in the WC

Justin, I think we mean that John has more 100 meter speed. If John is a step ahead it is going to be close. If he is more than that then he wins,however if Kederis is ahead off the turn then I think it's Kederis all the way. Dude's got great strength and relaxation in the second 100.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

What makes you think Capel would have won the Olympic 200m over Kederis. Kederis would have ran faster if he did'nt celebrate at the end (A habit that will get him beat in a close race). Kederis didn't run a great race in Sydney or Edmonton. He was about 5th coming off the turn in both races. If he gets out quick against the field in Paris we could see something special, if he is behind coming off the turn he won't be able to come back on Capel.
    By the way how can anyone say Capel has more "natural speed" than Kederis. Baring a trip,ill health or injury, the sprinter with the most "natural speed", is the one who wins. Both Capel and Kederis have the same PR of 19.85, so I don't think Capel is more naturally gifted.
    I am going to make a bold statement and say that this years WC 200m is the most intriguing story in sports this year. Like the analogy or not Kederis is a real life "Rocky". I personally don't agree with his sparse running but he is the current World and Olympic Champ and I give him props for that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I agree wiht Hockeyplayer and rustyjaguar. Capel would have won the Olympics... but he did not and went to NFL... he lost 2 years...and I believe that he does not the experience to win the WC. Kenteris, even though I do not like the way he does things, not racing at all in the season, but has the experience and run fast every round, and I believe that he will take gold again, what is not good for the sport because we need the champions runing in the Grad Prix events

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

100m Montgomery,Williams,Collins,Chambers,Aliu,Greene,M LF,Powell

200m
    Patton,Capel,Kederis,Bolt,Johnson,Malcolm,Frederic ks,Obikwelu

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Hey Hockeyplayer I totally agree with you about Capel. He gave up 2 really critical years that he could have put to focusing on the 200. Also think how much of a better 100 man he might be if he didn't try the football twist.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I agree with rusty that Capel is going to win the 200. He is faster then Kenteris, there is no question about it. He should have won the Olympic Gold, but too bad he "False Started" without being called back. But saying woulda coulda doesnt mean anything. I think that if he had won that 200, he would never have gone back to football, and therefore would have had those 2 years to actually get into track fully, and then he would probably be the best 200 meter runner in the world right now. He just has so much natural speed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I Think that is ok to pick the top 8 but after third, who cares?
    In The 100:
    4 - Lewis Francis
    5 - Chambers
    7 - Obikwelu
    8 - Drumond

Montgomery will not get make to the finals.

200:
    4 - Fredericks
    5 - Darvis Patton
    6 - Devonish
    7 - Obkwellu
    8 - Malcom

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

See that wasn't that hard. Though, I doubt 4 Americans will make the 100 final. One of them will pull up or have a bad round. And I'd actually think it would be Montgomery.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Alright 10, I'll start the top 8 in each event. 100: 1.Bernard Williams 2. Kim Collins 3.Tim Montgomery 4.Maurice Greene 5.Dwain Chambers 6.Mark Lewis-Francis 7.Deji Aliu 8.Jon Drummond 200: 1.John Capel 2.Kederis 3.Usain Bolt 4.J.J. Johnson 5.Frank Fredericks 6.Darvis Patton 7.Francis Obikwelu(POR used to be Nigerian) 8.Christian Malcolm(GBR)

Leave a comment:

• Trinity
    replied

I think the 100m will be an American sweep again, while the 200m, I think Patton has a shot at medaling.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

picking top 3 is easy. how about you go ahead and pick 8? or 10?

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic 100/200 final in the WC

100/200 final in the WC

Paris is going to be the most open WC ever. During these season we did not see a sprinter as favourite to win in both sprints.
    Who do you think is going to be the top 3 in each event?
    My guess is:
    100:
    1 - Greene
    2 - Bernard Williams
    3 - Kim Collins

200:
    1 - Kenteris
    2 - Capel
    3 - Bolt
Working...
X