Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh Name Drop Report From The VRI

(Valley River Inn)

Many beers and laffs in meet headquarters bar w/ Seb Coe and Sergey Bubka. The Beauteous Babs asked Sergey to dance, but he lifted hands over head and said "I only jump." Seb did do a few mean turns on the floor however.

Apparently some kickass party in Beaverton tonite w/ all the Nike legends (all sports)l, w/ Bobby Kersee being very prominent, according to earloy rumours

Re: gh Name Drop Report From The VRI

Thanks for checking in from half way across the world...

Glad you are well at 10 minutes past the hour.

Comment

>>Glad you are well>at 10 minutes past the hour.<<

as prodigious a poster as I may be, I'm not sure I'd take the time to post in mid-party at 1 am. Very conscientious, gh!

Comment

board member "trig" is distressed that I didn't drop her name too: she was there.

Comment

triggering debutante

Comment

.. paulthefan sits dreaming of a dance with gail devers while bob kersee boils in envy....
            ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

tonite's update: Seb and I are now going steady.

Comment

"board member "trig" is distressed that I didn't drop her name too: she was there."

GH, I believe that "distressed" is a bit strong.

Here are my name drops: 1) dinner with Eliud Kipchoge on Tuesday & Wednesday nights and lunch on Wednesday; 2) Friday night already mentioned by GH; 3) Saturday night dinner of 21 including Seb Coe, GH, Scott Davis, Dave Johnson, Kenny Moore, Tom Jordan, Bob Hersh and assorted significant others; 4) Sunday brunch with many of above

Comment

>(Valley River Inn)

Many beers and laffs in meet headquarters bar w/ Seb Coe
                  >and Sergey Bubka. The Beauteous Babs asked Sergey to dance, but he lifted hands
                  >over head and said "I only jump." Seb did do a few mean turns on the floor
                  >however.

Apparently some kickass party in Beaverton tonite w/ all the Nike
                  >legends (all sports)l, w/ Bobby Kersee being very prominent, according to
                  >earloy rumours

ill have to try that bubka line sometime

Comment

Trig,
                    Where was your dinner Saturday night? I know Eugene fairly well and am curious.

Comment

we could tell you but then we'd have to kill you! (It was so good we went back for brunch today).

The foie gras and strawberry jam sandwich is to die for.

Comment

Lord Coe to us is just a beer swillin buddy to gh... what next on the gh itinerary?.. shoulder massage from Jenny Adams ?... try to at least think of us now and then, as we sit here and our posts stuck in this dry forum!
                        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Only got a hug from Jenny Adams, but sat on laps of Bubka & Coe. Asked Bubka if he would dance if I brought a pole.

Comment

DJ signing in. No additional name drops to add except that I'm staying at Trig's house tonight . . . and having late lunch with TJ tomorrow.

Comment

I was truly seething with envy from this thread, until the message involving Bubka, dancing, and a pole. Now I am more confused than anything else.

I have seen more than one pole dancer over the years, but never one who held it at over 16 feet.....

Comment

Working...
                              X