Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: August T&FN

Track & Field News has a relatively new (geologically speaking) service called a 'subscription.' You send in money and they will send you a copy every month!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I bet if you call up their business office, 800-GET-TRAK, they can hook you up.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I cannot find Track and Field news anywhere. It is not on sale either at Borders or Barnes and Noble

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

You'll be able to enter the contest starting next Monday morning. Details on how it will work will show up before that so you can be thinking about it.

Leave a comment:

• Anne Animus
    replied

>There will be an online prediction contest (GH
    >mentioned it previously). Details on it should
    >be out in the next week.

The next week is almost over now... When are we gonna see what the contest is about?

Leave a comment:

• The Flash
    replied

not so bono at Italian...

The funny thing is, that "bono" means sexy in Italian...

ciao!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Ah! Luca Brazzi sleeps with the fishes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"The best part of this is that each can interpret it as he wishes."

um . . . OK

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Worthy adversary yet very good at Italian

La parte migliore di queste cose è che ciascuno può interpretarle come meglio crede.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Ah, the wonder of Internet translation programs:

"I answer in Italian in order makes to understand me better. If someone promises something and voluntarily it does not maintain, for me it is a dishonest one. Also we in Italy have an interesting saying: Here nobody is cleaved."

I take that last line to refer to cloven hooves ala pig?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Worthy adversry,
    Le rispondo in italiano per farmi capire meglio.
    Se qualcuno promette qualcosa e volontariamente non mantiene, per me è un disonesto.
    Anche noi in Italia abbiamo un detto interessante: Qua nessuno è fesso.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Fernando,

We have a saying here in America: "you get what you pay for." If the contest is free, don't expect all that much. I can attest for the T&FN contest (the prize is, after all, free for them too - sort of). But your very high score in the Munich game was fantastic, so be proud of your superlative prognosticating skills. I hereby declare you the favorite of T&FN's contest. You are not, however, a lock :-)
    I hope this translates well into Italian.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The online contest is different from the magazine contest? There's also an online contest at
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~rvweele/

I was the winner of this contest last year(Munich 2002)but I am still waiting for my price money... So beware of such bad companions.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

A good reaction time does not equal a good start. It is just one aspect of the start.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

huh? look at Monty's left arm - down - and then everyone else's - up. Clearly something was wrong from the first step.

Leave a comment:

• kritter
    replied

Concerning the 100m start: The Picture on p.4 clearly shows that everyone reacted almost identically. From the foot and free leg positions on the second step into the race, all runners are in exactly the same position. So, what is all this crying or bragging about a bad or good start. Everyone got the same start! It's what they did after the start, and body angles that vary slightly, that affected their races.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X