replied
    "Beamonesque leaps of logic"

Hey! That's my turf!!

Leave a comment:

• BCBaroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Athleticsimaging
    Originally posted by gh
    Wow! Not many threads get resurrected after 5 years!
    Aaaarghhh, you just threw down a challenge that will inevitably resurrect each thread on the board with increasingly bizarre, tenuous and Beamonesque leaps of logic linking them to current happenings.
    Please, let's not.

Leave a comment:

• Athleticsimaging
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Aaaarghhh, you just threw down a challenge that will inevitably resurrect each thread on the board with increasingly bizarre, tenuous and Beamonesque leaps of logic linking them to current happenings.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    Saïdi-Sief hasn't competed in two years, but returned yesterday at the Algiers Grand Prix, where he won the 5000m in 13:22.59.

Results here:
    http://www.faa.dz/resultats_courses_meeting_2008.pdf (track)
    http://www.faa.dz/resultats_concours_meeting_2008.pdf (field)

Amantle Montsho smashed her own national 200m record with 23.02.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Saïdi-Sief At Worlds?

>Hey, it's not Longo's fault! He ordered
    >Rice-a-roni and the chef gave him Testos-a-roni
    >instead. :-)>

Yeah, and without the dope to help him, I bet he comes off the final curve and gets a bad case of Rig-a-toni.

Leave a comment:

• dl
    replied

I'm not sure the exact reasoning behind the IAAF's decision, but I know for a fact that Longo had evidence that a supplement he was taking contained nandrolone, the drug he tested positive for. The supplement had been approved by the Italian Olympic Federation beforehand. Longo had the supplement tested by a lap in Germany and it did indeed contain nandrolone. I believe he was pursuing his reinstatement via some legal avenues but I'm not sure if they'd gotten him anywhere.

In any case, there'll be a lot of pressure on him to meet the time in Helsinki.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>I really don't believe this. The iaaf have done
    >it again and given Andrea Longo of Italy two
    >extra days to make the standard after serving two
    >years. How can this possibly be a positive thing
    >for the sport?

There is no way that I will agree with it but just for fun and giggles, what is their rationale for allowing the extension?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Hey, it's not Longo's fault! He ordered Rice-a-roni and the chef gave him Testos-a-roni instead. :-)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I really don't believe this. The iaaf have done it again and given Andrea Longo of Italy two extra days to make the standard after serving two years. How can this possibly be a positive thing for the sport?

Leave a comment:

• Anne Animus
    replied

...and even if you're talking about the Olympic team, I believe there's about a 99% chance of him being included. The official policy is one thing, but the Olympic Committee grants an exemption pretty much to everyone who applies for one. There's only ever been one athlete who was left off the team for this reason (and none in T&F)

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Not true. See

http://www.iaaf.org/WCH03/news/Kind=2/newsId=22141.html

and

http://www.sportcentric.com/vsite/vcont ... em,00.html

Myerscough has finished his suspension. As I understand it, UK Athletics or UK Oly Committee is not allowing previously banned (not sure what level of ban this applies to) athletes to compete in the Olympics. This does not apply to World Champs.

Leave a comment:

• Anne Animus
    replied

>Myerscough is not competing. GB did not name him
    >to their team, because of the suspension.

Not true.
    The controversy about Myerscough is about the OLYMPIC team, since the British Olympic Committee has a rule excluding people who have served drug bans from competing in Olympic Games. There was never any question regarding sending him to the World Champs.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Myerscough is not competing. GB did not name him to their team, because of the suspension.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

thanos, I agree! Few come back from suspension anywhere near the same level from where they left. Do you think it is the lay-off or lack of drugs that accounts for this? Of course, it is probably a combination, I am asking for other opinions on this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X