X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linz

I told you about Wignall. 13.28 in the pouring rain

Re: Linz

How about Merlene Ottey at 43 years of age...

11.28 (+0.3 m/s)
    22.98 (0.0 m/s)

Not bad for an "elderly" lady!

Comment

13.28 for Wignall..that`s a great drop in his PR..and in the rain.

Comment

He had a great indoor so i am not surprised.Saw him in Dortmund he is one efficient hurdler. What happened to him why he was not at WIC?

Comment

Wignall was out injured for WIC. He seems to have come on a ton though. Definitely in the best shape of his life.

Comment

Im not impressed with 2:05 for Brigita Langerholc. I thought she would be the next great 800 meter runner. I saw her in person several times when she ran in college. I expected her to challenge Graf and Mutola. I saw her run 2:01 with no effort at all in Eugene. And she has run under 2 in several times. I dont know if she is injured but she is having the worst year of her career. Does anybody know if she is still training with the Farm Team?

Comment

yikes, what happened to Stember -- 3:49?

Too bad for Robison, too, so close -- 3:38. I'd sure like to see more than one American miler in the WC field.
              "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

>yikes, what happened to Stember -- 3:49?

Too
                >bad for Robison, too, so close -- 3:38. I'd sure
                >like to see more than one American miler in the
                >WC field.>

If you're referring to a 'Q' for the WC's Robison and one other American would have to run 3:34.9 to hit the 'A' standard and get more than one US runner into the meet.

Comment

Re: Brigita

I wouldn't blame the Farm Team for the poor performance of Brigita this year. This is her first year training with them. Sometimes it takes time for an athlete and coach to gel together. Unlike some of the other foreign runners who come to the USA colleges as mercinaries but don't improve, Brigita actually developed in the USA. I believe she came to USC as a 400 meter runner and developed into an NCAA Champion and 4th at the 2000 Olympics. I admit she is having a lousy year but she will bounce back to her old form. Even the best athletes have a bad year.

Comment

Re: Brigita

The overall quality of the meet seemed to be significantly down this year. I mean, the people who were there performed pretty well by their standards, but the thing was virtually devoid of any A-caliber athletes. Money problems, like so many other European meets these days?

Comment

Working...
                    X