Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUGE WORLD RECORD IN THE SHOT!

Wow, according to my local newspaper, Adam Nelson put the shot 267 feet, 5 1/4 inches at Thessaloniki yesterday. Pretty impressive -- he beat Rutger Smith by 201 feet and a quarter inch. :-)

That same paper offered me a job as an agate clerk once; I'm so happy I never took it. What a thankless job -- one little typo and you get jerks like me making fun of you around the world on the Internet.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Re: HUGE WORLD RECORD IN THE SHOT!

Well, at least your local paper reports on track. The last T&F article we had in our paper was about the local finishers at the NCAA's--that didn't even include their finishing times!

Comment

I believe that shot put mark was wind-aided, thus no world rcord.

Comment

I have hit in the 270's in practice.hee hee

Comment

Well sure, and I broke 10:00 in the 5K in practice. But I didn't have a lap counter, so don't hold me to that. ;-)
          "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

I also throw the jav around like 450 in practice all the time, on the football field...think about it.

Comment

Is 201' 1/4" the largest winning margin ever in the SP? I have been pouring over my old Bibles for the past few hours and can find no winning margin even approaching 200 feet. WOW!!

Comment

How on earth did the officials find the mark when it was a least 190' over their heads? I am very skeptical of this mark and will be very interested to see if it gets through the ratification process.

Comment

NUTS! And I thought I'd done something special with my 27.12m put in Play Station Track & Field (original version)!!!

I guess I'll just have to get a better controller with quicker buttons! HEEH..HEEH

Comment

I ran 9.34 for 100mts on the play station.

Comment

Try 7.43 seconds here on Play Station, and a grand total score of 18,052 pts

Comment

Working...
                      X