Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say It Ain't So Joe

I hate to admit that I go over there sometimes, but I just saw on a thread on letsrun.com that gh posts there. Really?!

Re: Say It Ain't So Joe

>I hate to admit that I go over there sometimes,
    >but I just saw on a thread on letsrun.com that gh
    >posts there. Really?!

If he does, I don't think uses his own name.

Comment

I can swear on a stack of Bibles (ours, of course!) that I've never posted on letsrun.com and I'm virtually certain that no other member of the editorial staff has either. Indeed, I've never posted to a Board on any website other than this one, although I did use to contribute to the e-mail-based Darkwing group.

I will, however, admit the guilty pleasure of wandering over to the letsrun board every week or so just to see what their resident pervert, Jason, is frothing on about.

Comment

I have seen this letsrun thing mentioned here before, but had nevr checked it out until now after having seen this thread start here and omigod am I shocked! GH said something about a pervert guy they have. I didn't find him but I found this amazing bit of racist twaddle. Needless to say I will nevre go there again!

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read. ... ead=187481

Comment

... this was a routine fishing expedition to root out the resident bottom feeders. Sadly, but surely, it was quite a successful effort. Unfortunately it happens all to often. Some bottom feeders bite every time in letsrun waters.

Comment

Wow - I'm glad that sort of garbage isn't posted here. Speaking of vile garbage, there is s 'gentleman' whose posts there were particularly nasty, who also posts here. He may eventually get himself banned from this site, but in the meantime I, for one, will find no credibility in anything he posts. Ignoring his posts here is perhaps the best way to deal with him.

Comment

>Wow - I'm glad that sort of garbage isn't posted
              >here. Speaking of vile garbage, there is s
              >'gentleman' whose posts there were particularly
              >nasty, who also posts here. He may eventually get
              >himself banned from this site, but in the
              >meantime I, for one, will find no credibility in
              >anything he posts. Ignoring his posts here is
              >perhaps the best way to deal with him.

Et Tu Brutus? I always thought he was a fool but didn't realize what a bigot he was. If no-one replies when he shows up here again perhaps he'll stay on letsrun.

Comment

I like the fact that when people act up on letsrun the saner members of the crew (sanity is relevant?) say "go back to dyestat." So when people start acting up here (amazing there has been so little: is this actually a mature audience, or are you guys just really quick with the boot-em trigger finger?) will the mantra become "go back to letsrun"? And is there/will there someday be a site where the tell the miscreants, "go back to T&FN"?!!!

Comment

Surfer - are you saying you condone what was on that thread? If it's vile stuff, yes we want it gone. This forum is rated M for mature audiences and I don't mean in the movie sense - I mean that if you can't intelligently discuss a topic go elsewhere. This board is a blast of fresh air compared to the trash that's out there. Should we not endeavor to keep it that way? Freedom of speech means freedom to leave here if it does not serve your needs. By all means, take it to letsrun.

Comment

I didn't write that very well. Where I said "I like" in the beginning put in "I'm amused by..." My point being that everything is relative. We on this board feel (rightfully so) morally superior to those scumbags on letsrun but they in turn feel suprior to dyestat types. Not that there probably aren't decent people on both boards--i don't mean to make this group sound quite that superior.

Comment

>... this was a routine fishing expedition to root
                      >out the resident bottom feeders. Sadly, but
                      >surely, it was quite a successful effort.
                      >Unfortunately it happens all to often. Some
                      >bottom feeders bite every time in letsrun
                      >waters.

You want to get an obscure unofficial result from somewhere very quickly though, that is the place to ask for it. Some other bottom feeder will have been at the meet/race and will respond to the question almost immediately. The quality of the
                      audience over there leaves a bit to be desired but they have quantity. 432.55 messages a day since they fired up their new server compared to 98.14 here.

Comment

That's cool. We aren't superior - just have higher standards for what is acceptable discourse. Blantantly racist and inflammatory remarks are not welcome here. It pretty much falls to what the a)the list supervisor allows to stand (some really good calls/deletions have been made here) and b) what the rest of us tolerate before we discredit the source. Several people have come on here purporting themselves to be 'experts' or highly placed coaches/athletes and when they lost credibility they disappeared. That's the way it should be. We are NOT moral police, merely arbiters of what we consider meaningful discussion. Ain't no big thang. Peace out. Holla! (those last two were just for effect)

Comment

Working...
                        X