Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: London Bombing A Tragedy

I think most of us here really appreciate the integrity with which you run this forum. If it’s still available to you (I have no idea what happens in cyberspace to forum threads) you may want to read the thread from top down to see what marknhj was referring to. It was hideous. Also you’d be intrigued to see how many members were begging for the thread to be pulled.

Comment

But since I cut off early, I did not see the post to which
      >you refer regarding Muslims.

Fair enough. Count yourself lucky you didn't see the trash posted earlier.

Comment

I'd like to offer my apologies to anyone that took offense at my comments yesterday. I should've avoided the thread altogether. My apologies in particular to Marknhj.

Mr. Hill, if you do re-read the pulled thread, you'll also notice I was one who called for it being pulled as well.

Kurt

Comment

Yes but what you said was "Go ahead and pull it, I didn't start it". There was certainly nothing offensive with the actual start of the thread which was just information.

Comment

You are certainly correct, MJD. My apologies to you.

Comment

No problem-I would have responded right away and actually started to but was on my crackberry and it probably would have been posted about six times so I didn't. All I could do was watch the train wreck.

Comment

I apologize, Kurt, for going off on you and anyone else on the thread yesterday.

Comment

Mr. Hill, if you do re-read the pulled thread, you'll
                  >also notice I was one who called for it being pulled as well.>>

Unless I cut and paste it into another app, once I delete a thread it's gone forever.

I was not taking any names and numbers; just saw some unacceptable stuff and yanked it in knee-jerk fashion. But thanks to those who are being in a more conciliatory mood today.

Comment

I offer the same to you, as well, TD.

If you all really knew me (as GURU does), you'd really find out I'm really mild-mannered...Clark Kent type. I sometimes let my temper get the better of me. I don't know about y'all, but I'd rather someone get angry at me on paper or screen than do it in real life.

Once again, my apologies.

Kurt

Comment

> My apologies in
                      >particular to Marknhj.

>>>

Accepted, thank you.

Comment

>I offer the same to you, as well, TD.

If you all really knew me (as GURU
                        >does), you'd really find out I'm really mild-mannered...Clark Kent type. I
                        >sometimes let my temper get the better of me. I don't know about y'all, but
                        >I'd rather someone get angry at me on paper or screen than do it in real
                        >life.

Kurt, there is nothing wrong with having different opinions. I actually enjoy sparring with you ;-) It never has to get personal, we just shout at each other and then go for beer. Cheers

Comment

Point well taken, Daisy.

Listen, if y'all run across me next year (and 2007) @ USATF Nationals @ Indy, I'll buy round of beers...except for Garry

Comment

Been watching a lot of the coverage on this over the week-end. You have to really hand it to the Brits. Stiff upper lip and all that. I guess once your country has lived through the blitz...

Comment

Dont they pride themselves that they already do?

Why not send them the gold gilted invitation
                              >just to make sure?

>>""I would wonder if the terrorists first would have to find where Toronto is
                              >before they attacked it,"
                              ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

>Been watching a lot of the coverage on this over the week-end. You have to
                                >really hand it to the Brits. Stiff upper lip and all that. I guess once your
                                >country has lived through the blitz...
                                >>>>

There is a large element of truth in the stiff upper lip image we have. Also, we were subject to IRA attacks for 20+ years and this one came at no great surprise. My favorite quote came on CNN yesterday, ..."I'm still going to work on the tube. Sod al Qaeda".

Comment

Working...
                                X