Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NUTS

I was browsing the net today and stumbled across an organization (Brit, I think) named the National Union of Track Statisticians. I can't think of a better acronym. :-)
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Re: NUTS

When the Americans got together in 1984 to form an association like NUTS we named ours FAST - Federation of American Statisticians of Track. Much cooler. Scott Davis is the Prez if you'd like to join.

Comment

do you have a website access to FAST ? Also, what are the qualifications 9 if any ) to be a member ?

Comment

If you ever see a late-'50s copy of Track Newsletter you'll notice it's headlined as

TRACK NEWSLETTER
        also known as
        TRACK NUTSLETTER
        (official publication of track nuts of the world, uninc.)

And in one corner there's a sketch of a nut (as in nuts and bolts, not the squirrel kind) with numbers on it, and the buttons of a stopwatch.

Comment

We're not that techno yet, but there is a quarterly (well, sort of) publication called FASTRACKS that has good stuff in it.
          Scott is at [email protected] if you'd like more info.

Comment

Garry, when I subsribed to T&FNewsletter back in about 1963, you guys sent me, along with the first issue, a neato yellow wallet card, where you could fill in your name certifying that :

" This is to certify that
            ( fill in spot for name)
            is a stop watch holding
            TRACK NUT
            and is a member in good standing of
            Track Nuts of the World, uninc.

Then it has signatures printed in of Cordner Nelson as Head Tmer and Bert Nelson as Starter, and includes a picure of a tweeby-looking guy holding a stopwatch.

I had it laminated, and have been carrying it in my wallet for the last 40 years !!!

Anybody else have one of these, know about it, (or care ) ??!!

Comment

and I will sell it to the highest bidder, minimum price $ 1,000. ( I can dream, can't I ? )

Comment

>Garry, when I subsribed to T&FNewsletter back in
                >about 1963, you guys sent me>>

Just to clarify: you must be WAY older than me. I've never seen one of those. :-)

Comment

As cool as the oganizations names are, one really has to admire the motto of FAST: "These are the souls who time men's tries."

Unless, of course, one knows nothing about late-18th century US History.

Comment

Working...
                  X