Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatlin may be ready

Gatlin takes J.J. Johnson and leaves Montgomery behind at 10.3. It's to bad he can't run at worlds. Why didn't he run for the Pan Am team? Looks like Grimes is going represent The U.S well.

Re: Gatlin may be ready

Doesn't Gatlin's time today equate to around 9.90 with just a little tailwind, maybe 1.0?

Comment

10.01 according to an earlier post by T&FN guys. I'm wondering what Chambers 10.08 into -1.6 was worth.

Comment

I did not notice the wind reading. Looks like he is in good shape! I think we can count on Gatlin to throw down a big mark within the next couple of weeks. I think he want to be the man. Where the hell is Mo? Jenny Craig?

Comment

Mo could be done! What do you think?

Comment

unfortunately gatlin can only compete in the relay and i think he can do well. monty seems otu fo shape completely. i dont see him winning in paris, most likely will not even medal.

Comment

>Gatlin takes J.J. Johnson and leaves Montgomery
              >behind at 10.3. It's to bad he can't run at
              >worlds. Why didn't he run for the Pan Am team?>

I have no idea what his schedule is, but if he competes in London and Berlin as well as Stockholm, there are probably about 100,000 reasons he didn't compete for the Pan-Am team, for which you get no bucks.

Let's see, run in steamy, dangerous Santo Domingo for free or run in some of the great cities of the world and be treated like royalty. Tough choice! :-)

Comment

It would be good for the Pam An games if Gatlin could have run in there. But we all know that unlike the European Championships, nobody really cares about the Pan Am games.
                We should have a strong continental competition when there is no WC or Olympics.

Comment

that would make far too much sense. though even if pan-ams were moved to the non-WC/non-Oly year i'm not sure they'd be much better.

Comment

I don't think Gatlin is needed at Pan Ams anyway. It looks like Mickey Grimes and Mardy Scales make take gold and silver anyway, after they both won their semi-final heat. Pan Am creates an opportunity for the US second tier runners an opportunity to run on an international level. Many of our team members are college students.

Comment

Anyone know how Marcelle Scales got into the Pan Am's 100m semi-finals after running 10.96 and placing 7th in his preliminary heat?

Comment

It looks as if quite a few people pulled out of the semi's including the two guys that place 5th and 6th in Mardy's prelim heat.

Comment

>Gatlin takes J.J. Johnson and leaves Montgomery
                          >behind at 10.3. It's to bad he can't run at
                          >worlds. Why didn't he run for the Pan Am team?>

make that 101,000 reasons--this from a Yahoo link posted in the Pan-Am results thread:

<<Security fears continued with numerous reports in the media that members of the public were allowed to take firearms into venues simply by showing their gun permits to security staff. >>

Comment

I agree. This is a great meet to give the tier two runners a look at international competition. I'm looking for Potter and Steele to do some big things. I think Potter will win Gold, no dissapointments the second time around.

Comment

Working...
                            X