Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You Have To Watch Montage!!! Lots of Track!

>1. Jesse Owens, 2. Munich Olympic terrorists, 3. Flo Jo, 4. Mary Decker in Los
    >Angeles (1984), 5. Carl Lewis winning the 100 in 1984, 6. Jackie Joyner Kersee,
    >7. Michael Johnson winning the 200 in Atlanta, 8. Tommie Smith on the victory
    >stand in Mexico City, and 9. Michael Johnson on the victory stand in Atlanta.

Don't forget Jackie Robinson - a bit obscure but pretty good long jumper at UCLA

Comment

I didn't included Jackie because he was in a baseball uniform. We can count him though. You're right, he was a pretty good long jumper.

Comment

Other track and fielders of note, I think, although not in track scenes: Jim Thorpe, Babe Didrikson Zaharias, Wilt Chamberlain (high jumper in high school and at Kansas, I think). I think Bo Jackson ran track at Auburn, and thought Bill Russell was a pretty good high jumper, also, but I am not sure.

Comment

The pictured "Four Horsemen" or famous offensive backfield for Notre Dame, were all under 6' tall and weighed less than 162 lbs.

Comment

i love bringin this one back....just a little memory about the summer....

Comment

The producer of this montage had to have gone to the Newhouse School at Syracuse, because there is no Keith Smart in this video.

.....and that, my friends, is a good thing!

Comment

>The producer of this montage had to have gone to the Newhouse School at
                >Syracuse, because there is no Keith Smart in this video.

Yes there is. Right before you see Michael Johnson celebrate his 200m WR you see Keith Smart chuck the ball in the air. I haven't seen the video in a year or so (I taped in in 1999) but I remember this pretty clearly.

Comment

Forgive me for resurrecting this thread, but it's been about one year since I saw this video from the thread's opening post, and I quite enjoyed it, and perhaps some new posters have not had the privilege. I got an eerie feeling this time while Kirby Puckett's image popped up to the sound of "Maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away." Hero today, gone tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                  X