Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&FN WC Form Chart

I see it's up now - link on home page - and aside from some clearly delusional biases (jk), I'm wondering where these people went.
    800 - Bungei - left off Kenyan team?!
    10K - no Mezgebu or Rios?
    HJ - Walerianczyk - didn't think I could spell it!

and 2 who I though were gone
    TJ - Edwards - nasty rolled ankle
    SP - didn't the Brits leave him off on purpose?

Staus Quo? (among others)
    110H - Garcia
    10K - Radcliffe

Re: T&FN WC Form Chart

yeah, I can type: I thought **Myerscough** left off team.

Comment

That's the Olympic team he's having trouble with. As far as I know, he'll be competing in Paris.

Comment

Bungei had a bout of malaria, which prevented him to compete at the Kenyan trials, that's why he hasn't been selected.

Comment

>TJ -
          >Edwards - nasty rolled ankle

>Staus Quo?
          >10K - Radcliffe

Edwards had a scan on his ankle yesterday and confirmed that he will be in Paris afterall. He said that the injury looked much worse than it actually is, and looks forward to being in Paris.

Radcliffe has requested not to be named on the team until the final team is announced (tomorrow). My bet is that she won't have recovered from her injury by then.... :-(

Comment

Russian team was named, and that really changed a lot of things on the women's side (men's side just one walker had to be swapped out), so a new version of the chart will go up this morning (or afternoon, if you live on the wrong coast)

Comment

I was checking to see if it's up yet (and why some people aren't on it like the Polish HJ-er) and noticed the numberical order in the men's HJ. Is that how you hedge your bets?

Comment

Numbers fixed (order stays same).

Walerianczyk not on there because at this point his big jumps at the U-23 meet are looking like a bit of an anomaly. In his next meet, against the real pros at Eberstadt, he ended up 9th.

Comment

I saw Walerianczyk jump in Bydgoszcz and he didn't look like an anomaly to me. Incidentally, he had jumped 2.32 in the national champs in the rain a week before the Euro U23. Writing him off because of one bad competition is a bit hasty to say the least. Eberstadt was his only competition outside of Poland so far this season... but he's competing in Malmo tomorrow, going against Holm, Strand, Mason and Sposob. Should be an interesting one.
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

He's hardly "written off"; just doesn't make our top 10 at the moment. There's lots of great atheltes in every event who aren't listed; doesn't mean we have written them off.

Comment

>There's lots of great
                      >atheltes in every event who aren't listed;
                      >doesn't mean we have written them off.

Including Eunice Barber in the LJ. How come she doesn't get a mention ahead of the others, when she is a much better athlete (both on PB and SB form) than most of them. Surely her early-season jump of 6.80m counts for something...?

Comment

Let's not make them regret posting the chart. I bit my tongue on several of their choices. We still have almost 2 weeks to go. If I posted my picks now, I'd be very embarrassed later. Circumstances change and so will that chart. I bet they will be hard to beat at their own contest. Hey, where is that on-line contest you promised?

Comment

I am almost always embarassed (generally scoring around 60%). Predicting sporting events is not easy.
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

>Hey, where is that on-line contest you
                            >promised?

Very good question.... it should be online in the next few days.

Comment

I know predictions are just opinions, so there's not much point arguing with them, but... in Eberstadt Walerianczyk still did a lot better than Matt Hemingway, who does make your top 10 (he NHed). Hemingway has only jumped 2.30 once since arriving in Europe and even that was a while ago - otherwise his best on this side of the Atlantic was 2.27.
                              Likewise, on the women's side I can't see the logic of putting Amy Acuff ahead of the Russian big 3 (Chicherova, Yelesina, Kuptsova). I guess the pro-US bias does creep into your form charts here and there.
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                              X