Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV coverage of the WC

I saw that they are going to start covering the WC on TV starting the 26th of august, but the WC starts on the 23rd. I wonder what they are going to be cutting out? And does anyone know if the coverage on TV is going to be at least around the same time as what has happened on that particular day?

Re: TV coverage of the WC

hockey man thanks for echoing my sentiments on an earlier post i had in july. it seems most on this board are blind or ignorant or just dont care (like gh and the rest of the magazine's staff that will be in paris anyway). i have been checking every 3 or 4 days hoping that espn and abc would change their mind and add coverage for at least the 24th and 25th when the 100 meter finals take place. as far as what they show on the first show slated for the 26th it is anyone's guess. i suppose they will show the semis and finals of the men's and women's 100, highlights of the women's pole vault and the men's shot put the first 30 mins, then move on to action from the 26th the rest of the show. of course most of us would know the results by then. great job disney...

Comment

"it seems most on this board are blind or ignorant or just dont care"

Let's see - ABC/ESPN announced their schedule a while back. The rest of us made a note and moved on. How does that correspond to your statement? If all twelve of us wrote in and complained, I'm SURE they would change their minds.

Comment

mr no name i had noted it too, but they often change those schedules. i did write a letter to complain but without results. did you ?

Comment

Current ESPN2 listings show several days next week as having multiple showings during the daytime (7-9am, 2:30-4:30p, 10p-Midnight) as well as other times. I'm sure they'll be much repitition; however, I would bet the farm that many things shown in the officially listed time of 2:30-4:30pm will miss some of the coverage from the other times. So, get your VCR/DVD recorders ready to rumble!

Comment

Looks at CBC's schedule for Sat. the 23. Plus they'll have at least two hours of coverage every weekday. I know what I'll be doing Saturday!

Track and Field:
            Zurich Golden League
            from Zurich, Switzerland
            1230-1400

Track and Field:
            IAAF World Championships
            from Paris, France
            Aug. 23-31
            1600-1800

Track and Field:
            IAAF World Championships
            from Paris, France
            Aug. 23-31
            2200-2400

Comment

Kurt Francis gave good advice about getting your video recorders ready for World Champs TV.
              ------
              Here's Knoxville schedule for 24 hours of 2003 World Championships TV programming on ESPN-2 (24-hour clock, Eastern Daylight Time).

As always, check your local listings for your viewing possibilities.

Tuesday, August 26 - Four Hours
              1400-1600 and 2200-2400

Wednesday, August 27 - Six Hours
              0700-0900 and 1430-1630 and 2200-2400

Thursday, August 28 - Four Hours
              0700-0900 and 1430-1630

Friday, August 29 - Six Hours
              0130-0330 and 0700-0900 and 1430-1630

Saturday, August 30 - Two Hours
              0230-0430

Sunday, August 31 - Two Hours
              0001-0200

Past experience suggests both some replication and some unique coverage in each time block with "popular" events getting the more favorable hours; race walking and the 10km run may show up during those early morning blocks -- if at all.

ABC website shows 3.5 hours (1230-1600) next Sunday, August 31 for a total of 27.5 hours from USA channels. Of course, one might expect about a third of that time allocated to commercials and a yet-unknown portion given to features, introductions, taped reruns, etc.

ABC could use much of its action time for event finals scheduled on August 31, but could include highlights from previous days -- probably emphasizing USA achievements.

James Fields

Comment

On Tues-Fri there's only 2 hrs. of unique coverage. The subsequent broadcasts are repeats.

I think it's appalling that there's no coverage the 1st 3 days. GH and gang: Is that no unprecidented? I can never remember a worlds with no American TV on first 3 days, when the 100 finals m/w are always run. This is horrible.

Here's, I believe, the accurate schedule.

DATE NETWORK TIME COVERAGE

August 26 ESPN2 2 – 4PM EST LIVE

ESPN2 10PM – 12AM EST Repeat of 8/26 LIVE broadcast

August 27 ESPN2 7AM – 9AM EST Repeat of 8/26 LIVE broadcast

August 27 ESPN2 2:30 – 4:30PM EST LIVE

ESPN2 10PM – 12AM EST Repeat of 8/27 LIVE broadcast

August 28 ESPN2 7AM – 9AM EST Repeat of 8/27 LIVE broadcast

August 28 ESPN2 2:30 – 4:30PM EST LIVE

August 29 ESPN2 1:30 – 3:30AM EST Repeat of 8/28 LIVE broadcast

ESPN2 7AM – 9AM EST Repeat of 8/28 LIVE broadcast

August 29 ESPN2 2:30 – 4:30PM EST LIVE

August 30 ESPN2 2:30 – 4:30AM EST Repeat of 8/29 LIVE broadcast

August 31 ESPN2 12AM – 2AM EST LIVE

August 31 ABC 12:30PM – 4PM EST LIVE/RECAP

Comment

And the next to last one can't be correct, actually. I thought maybe it was one of the marathons, but they are going off at 2 p.m. or so Paris time, so no way that 12 a.m.-2 a.m. could be live.

Comment

Working...
                  X