Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El G's 3:29.13 needs to be removed!!

This time should be removed from the list as he clearly had a false start. Even he thought they where going to recall the race as he threw his arms up in the air.

I know some are going to say that if they didn’t recall the race then the time should stand, but I do recall D. Mitchell’s 9.91 no being accepted (by T&F News) due to a flying start in the 1991 WC final.

Let’s not have rules for some and rules for others. I trust you will adjust the list leaders accordingly.

Fear Play

Re: El G's 3:29.13 needs to be removed!!

If he threw his arms up in the air, that's a pretty good indication that he was not driving out from the start, which means he did not gain an advantage. If anything, I think he probably slowed down at that point. So you might as well let it stand. If it were not his 20th fastest time (I'm guessing) it might be different.

Comment

ridiculous ! should we wait for a false start in the marathon too ! i am sure he did not gain any advantage, even if the advantage was 0.1 his time is still the fastest this year.

Comment

At Brussels a few years ago, there was a false start in the 10,000.

Comment

>At Brussels a few years ago, there was a false
          >start in the 10,000.

I remember a big race in high school, maybe regionals or state 3200, the official told us beforehand, "Now boys, this is a long race, so let's don't have any false starts." And of course, one of the kids jumped. The started just had this stunned look on his face, but had to toss the kid out. What a dope.
          "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

I didn't see the race, but if indeed he did false start the time should be removed. There is no rule concerning whether a false start actually gives an advantage, is there? What if he had run 3:25.98? If the rules are there they must be enforced equally for all athletes in all circumstances. Having rules which are enforced only when we see fit makes the sport look less polished.

Comment

Working...
            X