X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you put Gatlin in for Jon

i would take Jon Drummond out of the men's 100m and put in Justin Gatlin

Re: would you put Gatlin in for Jon

Fortunately you don't get to decide. Under the rules of USATF, Drummond did exactly what he had to, to be a member of the team. Gatlin did not.

Comment

boy it's hard to leave him out but that's the way it's got to be since you cannot change the rules

Comment

It's hard to not see Gatlin in paris after he's running so well but he got hurt and he has to sit out

Comment

I'm a huge Gatlin fan, and I'd want him in if he were dominating the way he did indoors. But he hasn't been dominant, so I'd just take the guys from nationals. The US is lucky to have so many great sprinters this year.

Comment

Both guys went head to head just last week in the Berlin 100m with Jon coming out on top. In fact in a 4 x 1 warm up at the same meet Jon led off the US # 1 team which won in a world leading time. Gatlin was a member of the US # 2 team and was badly embarassed by Bernard Williams on the backstretch.

Comment

Good sprinter but i believe Drummond earned his spot and he has to go

Comment

Now Christi instead of Gail, makes sense. But, this might be Gail's last chance in the 100m at a major championship.

Comment

Gotta leave it as is, otherwise we set ourselves up for running politics to enter into the selection process. Ours is by far the cruelest but fairest process out there...ya never know who may surprise you. Let's hope White does.

Comment

Why replace Drummond ??? He is running well ... HE earned his spot ... Recently lead off a 37.77 win ... Why even discuss replacing him ?? Becasue you feel sorry for someone else ?? That's not a legitimate reason .. USA put a squad on teh track that ran 37.77, why replace any of them ?? Personal preferences ?? Favorites ?? I think not ... They earned the opportunity and showed last week they deserve it ... We live in a country where we could put togehter a dozen squads near that ability ... Have to have some method of deciding who gets the opportunity to represent us when it matters ... That method was conducted and a squad selected ... Gatlin will have to try again next time ... As will many others ...

Comment

I would replace Drummond with Capel, because Capel is running a lot better than Jon right now and he proved that last week. And Capel's recent sub 10 shows that he is ready to rock.

Comment

JARNAL - I don't know what you mean by running better. In Berlin both Capel and Jon ran identical times in the invitational 100. Check the results. In any event both led off their respective teams in the 4 x 1 and sorry fellow but Jon smoked him around the bend. There is just no basis for leaving off Jon the guy has the experience and the form and most importantly he earned it. 37.77 those guys wern't fooling around.

Comment

Working...
                        X