Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Masters Middle Distance Phenom?!

Did some digging and found out that T. Young ran a 4:08 Indoor, 4:07.25 Outdoor, and a 4:05 Road Mile this year. His 3:46.41 1500 suggests a 4:02-03 effort is right there. With his 800 speed of 1:52 this year, that is about where he should be. He will have to get in the High 1:50's to 1:51 range and then have 8:15 3k strength to get under 4:00. Damn close though. Could be a neat story if he qualifies for the Oly Trials at 42 years of age, huh?

Comment

Eamonn Coughlin only ran 1:54 indoors in Gainesville two weeks before his sub 4.

Comment

Bruce, do you know what Eamonn was running for workouts leading up to his 3:58 mile indoor? I am shocked, that he "only" did a 1:54 half two weeks prior! I know he ran a couple of mile races leading up to it to hone in on the pace. For some reason, I can relate more with the older guys working out than the young elites. Not that their workouts are any easier, just how they approach training with all of the "life" issues happening around them (ie,...kids, work, age!)

Comment

It seems that even at 40 an athlete today is still capable of some impressive feats. However after 40 the body starts to really slow down. I guess 40 is the last time in your life you can revisit you youth and post some impressive times

Comment

Curious,
            Eamonn was training full time while in Gainesville. Had Gerard Hartman working on him. Excellent fall buildup 80-90mi/wk. Track work was lots of 400's, gradually working pace down to 58's. Nothing super fast, like 25-200's. After seeing the 1:54 I didn't think he would be able to break 4! (at least indoors)

Comment

Working...
            X