Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJD
    I mean the time prediction.
    I thought Gabe would have run faster. I wonder if we will ever see him in the Olympic trials again.

Comment

Certainly not a good omen. Based on his half, he should have been around 29:45 and if he is getting stronger and given the fact that he is coming from the other end of the range, you would have thought he would have been somewhat quicker. Where is eldrick?

Comment

It was muggy (dewpoint 67) even if the temperature was only in the low 70s at race time, and CA, especially the mountains, will not help much for his prep for humid conditions. Last year a ton of guys broke 30, this year only a ten or twelve did, so I would guess that his time was equivalent to 29:45 or so. Still, I do not view 29:45 very far back; he has a LONG way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
          It was muggy (dewpoint 67) even if the temperature was only in the low 70s at race time, and CA, especially the mountains, will not help much for his prep for humid conditions. Last year a ton of guys broke 30, this year only a ten or twelve did, so I would guess that his time was equivalent to 29:45 or so. Still, I do not view 29:45 very far back; he has a LONG way to go.
          When he runs a 3:40 1500 we will know if he is back or not. That time will at least get him invited to the US championships. He will find the US 1500 meter landscape a lot more competitive than it was 5 years ago.

I can't wait until Lagat and Webb battle it next spring. I am actually interested in what is happening in US middle distance again.

Comment

Jennings could train for three weeks and run a 3:40--that's the kind of talent he is.

Whether he's willing to incrementally increase the training to get back to where he was, I kind of doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by twittering debutante
              Jennings could train for three weeks and run a 3:40--that's the kind of talent he is.

Whether he's willing to incrementally increase the training to get back to where he was, I kind of doubt it.
              To be competitive with the current crop of US 1500 meters runner Gabe may have to run 3:35. In short Gabe will have to be where he was in 2000.

Comment

Working...
              X