Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJK 1987, CK 2003?

I bet she wins the same hep/LJ double JJK did in Rome 1987. She might even score close to Jackie's hep total but won't be close to 7.36m in the long jump. But these days it hardly takes a 7m jump to win the event, and she's ready to do that.

Re: JJK 1987, CK 2003?

Carolina Kluft is not quite yet in Jackie's league. No one has shown that yet. Let's give her a couple more years and a few more WC and Olympic Games to go through and we'll see how it works out.

Same thing applies to Tiger Woods. A tremendous golfer and the best in the game over the last 8 years. However, not quite in Jack Nicklaus range of accomplishments by a long-shot.

Comment

You're right, she's not yet ready to surpass 7291, or jump what Jackie jumped to win her first World title in Rome (7.36). However, she seems quite capable of leaving Paris having completed the same heptathlon/Long Jump double. And she will likely be the 3rd only to ever go past 7000 points, and may end up second all-time (I think that's a given at this point). And at age 20!! In an event where it takes, for transparent reasons, years to exact one's full potential, she's already light years ahead of where JJK was at the same age.

Comment

Yes, Carolina is quite impressive at 20 years of age. However, NOTHING is a given, particularly in the multi-events! I've competed in 8 decathlons in my day, and I can tell you that NOTHING went according to plan! 7000 is not a given at all (she needs a 2:12.21 PR or better to score 7000), and ANYTHING can happen!

FYI, I saw Jackie barely foul on a 25' jump in the HEPTHATLON at the '88 Olympic Trials. I WAS MOST IMPRESSED! It'll take someone of her caliber again to impress me to that degree!

Carolina seems to be a very nice young woman and I wish her all the best. 7500 pts of BUST!

Comment

Working...
        X