Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's 4x100 - US!

3 US women in the 100 finals + Christie. 4x1 looks good!

Re: Women's 4x100 - US!

The women's 4x100 looks good after Kelli's gold and Torri's silver. Gail ran well, but finished in 8th. Chryste is running as well as anyone right now. These 4 should win the gold. Next year watch out! If Chryste,Kelli,and Torri are running like this, the 4x100 record is toast! We will also have Marion back to join those 3. Chyrste to Marion to Torri to Kelli next year will smoke that east german WR.

Comment

Pride cometh before a fall. They are so good, they could easily do the guys' thing of dropping the baton. Let's hold the smack talk till after they win.

Comment

No smack talk here tafnut, just that they have the foot speed to eat up that record. If it is a clean record?

Comment

Are you kidding? Did you know that no East German performances were recognized as German records after reunification? Marita Koch is the World and European record holder in the 400, but she ain't the German record holder. The German Federation KNOWS all the Fraudleins were just that - FRAUDS. This isn't speculation, slander, or "Paulie-esque" bullshit. It's one thing to guess and another matter completely to have irrefutable proof of what needs strong bleach and alot of hot water. The IAAF has blown its credibility by allowing these records to stand, while striking down others (like Ben Johnson). The proof I'm referring to, in Koch's case, was a letter she wrote to East German federation complaining that rival Barbel Wockel (the Montreal and Moscow 200 gold medallist) was getting "better" (stronger) steroids than she was. The letter was unearthed when the wall came tumbling down.

Comment

"Marita Koch is the World and European record holder in the 400, but she ain't the German record holder."

Any German/Eurpoean posters want to chime in here? I didn't know this. In Germany, is Koch still viewed as the fastest, while the records show differently, or do they view her accomplishments as not legitimate?

Comment

I'm a bit confused now on this myself. I KNOW I read this several years back, it's not exactly the kind of thing you forget about - especially when athletes from my hometown are losing their records and gold medals, in one case (Angella Issajenko, indoor 50m) not because of a failed drug test but because of admitting to doping after the fact, during the Dubin Inquiry into the use of drugs in sport in Canada (following Ben's DQ in Seoul). And I didn't dream it either HOWEVER, what is presently perplexing is that I did some searching and whether they are official records or not I know not, but a few sites are listing the best German performances by including old DDR (drugs done right) athletes on the lists. My impression was that Grit Breuer is?was? the German record holder at 49.42 from Tokyo 91.

Comment

"When West-Germany and GDR came together in 1990, there was a short discussion about the german records, but it was very soon decided to take both together to "new" german records."

This response received today from Eberhard Vollmer at leichtathletik. I am relieved to know I can trust my memory a bit more now.

Comment

Next time I will check first before making a categorical statement.

Comment

Oh no!! Aleen Bailey pulls up.

There goes the USA last chance of getting some real competition in the 4 x 1.

Jamaica have been hard hit this year in this event. They have lost Tanya Lawrence, Veronica Campbell, Juliet Campbell and now Aleen Bailey to injuries. Thats their whole team.

An interesting debate should be who is gonna get second. France, Bahamas, Nigeria, Russia, Ukraine ???

Comment

Russia second, Bahamas third.

Comment

France 2nd, Russia 3rd.

Comment

Comment

Since when are all these people injured?

Comment

"I live in Germany and subscribe to all the athletics publications here. Marita Koch is definitely the German Record Holder for 400m (47.60), as is Marlies Göhr for 100m (10.81), Koch & Drechsler for 200m (21.71), etc. To claim that the former GDR records are not acknowledged as (unified) German records is incorrect."

<<"When West-Germany and GDR came together in 1990, there was a short discussion about the german records, but it was very soon decided to take both together to "new" german records."
                              This response received today from Eberhard Vollmer at leichtathletik. I am relieved to know I can trust my memory a bit more now.>>

Rob from Germany - check back in this thread you will find Vollmer's response to my question about German records. I was recalling when they weren't sure what to do and he clarified the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X