• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women's 4x100 - US!

Comment

Chyrste to Marion to Torri to Kelli

Why not run Chyrste 2nd or anchor? Their's no denying her ability to finish a race. Torri is a good stater and runs an above average curve, I believe she has more value as lead-off runner. marion and Kelli can run any leg and demolish the competition.

Comment

>If this forum had an edit or delete function, I would have removed my earlier
        >statement.

Keep dreaming, mate. I've been requesting that for ages, but my efforts have been in vain. They haven't even got round to having links open in a new window, so any hope of an edit function is pretty much useless.

I know there's the preview function, but that gets tedious after about 2 posts.

Comment

Comment

JLightnin' you and I were thinking the same thing. Why not run Torri on leadoff(she is a great starter) Marion 2nd(longest leg), Kelli runs the curve incredibly fast and hard as her 200 times show last year. and Chryste who has great acceleration last. By the way the US women could beat that world record. They could pass well enough. Every woman is sub 11.00 on the team!

Comment

Comment

US have Marion,Kelli,Chrystie,Tori,Gail,Muna, who can either split sub 10 or run sub 11 in the open to choose from and they also have Angela Williams, Latasha Colander Richardson and Lauryn Williams who can all run 11.0x

Comment

Comment

"By the way, in response to the initial topic, I doubt whether any combination of 4 US female sprinters could endanger the existing GDR 4x100m World Record of 41.37 that was set at the World Cup in Canberra in 1985. The US baton-passing is simply not good enough."

Gaines, Jones, Miller and Devers have the 2nd performance all-time with the AR 41.47 from Athens '97. They had no more baton practice, in fact less, prior to Athens, than any squad will have in Athens '04. (less because Jones hadn't run at that level prior to '97)

So it's a toin coss. On the right day, the GDR record is toast, only a matter of time.

Comment

>Next time I will check first before making a categorical statement.

Yes M.L. , before you open your mouth, please check your facts or do some research first.

Comment

I think that if the US can field the team of,
                        White to Gaines to Edwards to Jones, they can break the world record with good passes as well. White has proven she can run a great leadoff as she did in 2001. Gaines is great on the backstrech and Edwards also runs a good bend as well and Jones...enough said. If all of these runners are healthy, the US has a pretty good shot. I think the US Junior squad can break the World Junior Record too!!!

Comment

In order to break the record Marion needs to go second ... She will carry the baton longer and will have the added incentive of "chasing" others down the backstretch ... This gives them a much faster first half split ... Then Torrie and Chryste will be able to run more relaxed and open up their speed ... It also lessens the chances of dropped batons as they will be better able to focus on passes running out front ...

Comment

US will not win either of these 4x1 that is the Oly an World JR

Comment

>In order to break the record Marion needs to go second ... She will carry the
                              >baton longer and will have the added incentive of "chasing" others down the
                              >backstretch ... This gives them a much faster first half split ... Then Torrie
                              >and Chryste will be able to run more relaxed and open up their speed ... It
                              >also lessens the chances of dropped batons as they will be better able to focus
                              >on passes running out front ...

Hold yer horses. How many of these gals will be under suspension . We haven't released all the names yet.

Comment

Marion wont be, Tori wont be, Kelli wont be, and Chrystie wont be. Kelli only stands to lose her medals and Christie might have a fine or something but not suspension.

Comment

Working...
                                X