Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJR at Chinese National Games

Wang Xing took 0.30 Lashinda Demus' WJR in the 400mH at the CNG, running 54.40. Her best before tonight was 55.39 (!) and her official 400m best is 54.89i!!

She finished second in the race – Helsinki finallist Huang Xiaoxiao won in a PB of 54.18, a few days after she won the 400m (51.95).

The 800m saw another good performance by a junior. Liu Qing ran 1:59.74 (fastest by a junior this year), a few days after she won the 1500m in 4:04.00. Her bests before these Games? 2:02.25 and 4:10.51 :shock:

Can't leave all this news without a single reply! 8)

Big improvements..... guess time will tell eh?

Comment

china will be a major force at the beijing olympics...i don't care what michael johnson says. that hurdler is already running 54.40 at 18. look at what happened the last time a women's 400 meter hurdler took the track at an olympics in front of a home crowd...

sub-2:00 is extremely impressive for a half mile. the best time for that event for an american girl was 2:03.7, and that was the fastest in some years. [/i]

Comment

With regard to http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=2/newsId=32380.html, I wonder how many coaches Hart and Johnson will mentor over the next 24 months... 10-20? There is a potential for 20 to 80 really good Chinese athletes to pop up on to the scene if there are 2-4 "great" athletes in each of those coaching groups.

Thanks for that info Jon. The fact that these two dropped significantly since last season - and have done this in October in China, means better things can be expected when these athletes compete in international competitions held during a normal circuit schedule (May-Sep).

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
          The fact that these two dropped significantly since last season - and have done this in October in China, means better things can be expected when these athletes compete in international competitions held during a normal circuit schedule (May-Sep).
          The National Games was the no. 1 event for them this year, so they did plan to be in top shape in October. They won't necessarily do better next year just because they will compete at a more typical time of the year.

BTW, the result that everyone missed was the winning time in the 50k walk - 3 seconds off Robert Korzeniowski's WR!
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

So my prediction of 5 WL's was a bit out. None after all.

Comment

Originally posted by slowcoach
              Well if the 50K walk was 3 seconds of the WR, then it is the WL.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                Originally posted by slowcoach
                Well if the 50K walk was 3 seconds of the WR, then it is the WL.
                I'm sure they had fine performances in swimming and weightlifting and some other sports, but I was only counting Athletics' WL's.

(As an aside, my medals' and points' tables would differ from the official ones because I omit the walks)

PS and PPS and PPPS. No winkies, smileys or other emoticons. Just my opinion straight.

Comment

Originally posted by MCFLY
                  china will be a major force at the beijing olympics...
                  Their women will make a little noise, but now that the CNG are done, and we've seen how medicre they are, it will be the "Miracle on Rice" [rimshot] if the men do much of anything beyond Liu and a walker and some dribs and drags elsewhere.

Comment

tafnut, you really need to get a job or something, instead of spending all day long posting stupid one-liners to every single thread on these boards. your replies are insulting, arrogant, demeaning, condescending and borderline racist.

just wait, you'll eat your stupid words in 2008. bon apetit, jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by anggrek
                      just wait, you'll eat your stupid words in 2008. bon apetit, jerk.
                      wow, for a dainty petite orchid, you're one heckuva of a hellion! What you see as "insulting, arrogant, demeaning, condescending and borderline racist" [no overreaction there!], I see as simple honest opinion. As I have stated before - several times - I would LOVE to see them do well at their own Olympics! That would be a great news story, would attract more interest in our sport, shake up the status quo, open new doors, etc., etc.,
                      Since you have obviously read ALL my posts (hence your knowing of my ubiquity) you SHOULD have known that! But that would just make your accusations baseless. What's up with that?

Comment

Haung Qun, who finished second in the women's Discus at last year's National Games with a PB 64.53 throw, has tested positive for stanozolol.

Comment

Working...
                        X