Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear.

Depending how an athlete we coach does this season we may make the trek down.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      I prefer the Van Morrison/Them version of Gloria.
      Van the Man singing Gloria was on my iTunes as I read that post. Weird.

What are camping options like within walk/short drive of Hayward (tent, not camper)?

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
        Originally posted by gh
        I prefer the Van Morrison/Them version of Gloria.
        Van the Man singing Gloria was on my iTunes as I read that post. Weird.

What are camping options like within walk/short drive of Hayward (tent, not camper)?
        Okay, we may be a rustic "hamlet", as the Sacramento Bee reporter averred, but do not expect to be able to camp--as in a tent--within walking distance of Hayward Field. Closest camping of that sort would probably be 12 miles away, and there are MANY cheap housing options within that radius. Frankly, if I were in my 20-30s, I'd stay in the dorms, as I did for the '76 Trials. Three squares a day, across the street from the track, great running areas close by, and within walking distance of the downtown pubs and nightclubs. We'll get our website up and running soon. Stay tuned to this website.

Comment

[What are camping options like within walk/short drive of Hayward (tent, not camper)?[/quote]

Actually, we did camp at the '80 trials (NOT OT). Lame excuse, 3 kids along, not a lot of $ on hand. The campgroud was about 5 or 10 miles W of Eugene. I have no idea if it still exists. Our last track realated camping was in '81, ECup & WCup. We decided we were the "grownups" and didn't have to do that anymore. Mostly, we haven't. At any rate, you can probably find something, there are a lot of state parks in Oregon which have tent camping facilities. Check with the tourist bureau (or the equivalent). You might need to stretch your definition of "short drive".

Cups, not champs.

Comment

http://www.registerguard.com/news/2005/ ... 110.p1.php

"Just thinking about the thousands of people who will descend on Eugene in 2008 for the Olympic Trials in track and field makes many local hotel and restaurant owners tingle with excitement.

Hotels expect to be booked solid for the Trials, scheduled for June 27 to July 6, 2008 . . ."

Mostly an article debating how much total money is expected to enter the local economy because of the OT.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
              The folks close to Sac State have wised up. The hotel I stayed at for the 2004 OT and 2005 NCAA is offering no discounts for the 2006 NCAA. The room I paid $84/day for these last two meets is going to be $199/day in 2006.
              Apparently they wised up, but then couldn't sell the place (a very nice place, by the way). They called me last week to see if I wanted rooms at my old rate. So I have one studio suite for $84/night, and a one bedroom suite for $94 (both with real, full sized kitchens). Within walking distance. (Those prices are government employee prices - your mileage may vary.)

Suite . . .

Speaking of within walking distance, that may be a non-issue in Eugene. Yesterday at Pre I found a space in literally 10 seconds after pulling off the main street, within two blocks of the stadium, 30 minutes before the meet. Couldn’t be easier.

It was an issue in Sacramento for the OT because the one time I parked at the stadium it took a while (15 minutes or so of waiting in line) to get into the lot, but worse, about 40 minutes to get out of the lot when the meet let out. Pain in the ass! (Not as big an issue for the NCAAs because the crowds are smaller.)

Comment

Working...
              X