• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IAAF Statement on Drummond

>>I have spoken to an International
    >Technical
    Official about this

i spoke to seiko... "the seiko false start detection system monitors the pressure exerted on the footplates ....and detects the pressure change...it is not a certain pressure that triggers the false start system, but it is the pressure change that is used to caluculate the reaction time..."

jon was allowed to move his foot(and change pressure) in coming to the set position...as was stated on this board right after it happened...as we have since seen, his start was at .130 LEGAL....i have asked seiko why they can't build into their wonderful blocks something to tell the starter when every athlete is set/steady...that would follow the iaaf rule (162.3)...rather than what happened...which was an officiating atrocity..........

Comment

i spoke to seiko... "the seiko false
      >start detection system monitors the pressure
      >exerted on the footplates ....and detects the
      >pressure change...it is not a certain pressure
      >that triggers the false start system, but it is
      >the pressure change that is used to caluculate
      >the reaction time..."

I think this is only partially correct. I believe that the Seiko false start system (presumably used at the WC) uses both an absolute threshold (such as 30 kg/meter squared) for the pressure, and the change in pressure from sub-threshold
      levels to the point that the pressure exceeds that threshold. As I have discussed privately with Louise, that threshold can be fixed or adjusted, depending on the false start manufacturer (that brings up another can of worms, i.e., another variable). For the purpose of this thread, however, "30 kg" is not unreasonable. Thanks

Comment

Sorry Madam, but you don't know all, with my great respect,two feet are on the blocks, to move one foot for a new position does not cause a sufficient variation on the pressure as at the time of a starting veleity.With an other machine,per example a systheme with volumetric measurement,the fault would be as of the shot. Look at the graph, before the shot there was stability of all the competitors, then Jon starts to have starting veleity, there is the beginning of the fault, sorry for Jon.

Comment

Working...
        X