Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drummond on Drummond

I assume this is for real since this was the handle he was using before.

Subject: t-and-f: DQ Farce in Paris Men's 100
    Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:46:33 -0400
    To: [email protected], [email protected]

So I guess you think you are funny! First of all I do not nor have I ever used drugs,
    recreationally or for the sport. I don't take kindly to people who do not know the situation
    passing judgement against me. If you would like the details personally I would suggest you ask
    the source. I am available for any and all emails!
    As for your comment Tcrawfor, it is assinine and immature! If you weren't there, then don't
    make an assesment as to what happened. I was kicked out of a race that I did not commit an
    infraction. I know the rules and I did not break any rules today. Unlike you, I do this for a
    living and while you pretend that you have a clue as to what goes on the sport by writing bs
    comments like this, it is obvious you are fully unaware that people like myself read these
    things. So as for your comment. Here is some truth that didn't get printed in the papers
    about my "drug use" I was never at the airport, and I didn't have marijuanna in my bag. By the
    way, sir the charges were dropped, but I guess you didn't read that either. Now as for what
    happened today armchair coach. If you had been in the stands, you would have clearly seen the
    person in lane 3 and 5 flinched causing me to flinch, but I never moved forward, as the rules
    so states that if anyone preceeds the line it is consider!
    ed a false start.I don't know you and you certainly don't know me otherwise you would not have
    felt the need to make such a hurtful and idiotic comment! But I will take the High road as I
    did today to avoid further scandal and say God bless you and yours

JON DRUMMOND!

Re: Drummond on Drummond

I believe it is JD and I furthermore am glad he called out all the imbeciles who sit in front of their computers and criticize a situation they really know nothing about (paulie is the main one now, but there are plenty of them out there). I did raise the red flag on the men's shot put, but it was because the winner came from nowhere and was a 'convicted' cheat. I simply asked whether he gained an advantage by his earlier cheating - I did not accuse him of anything. I have my personal doubts about that situation, but it's not my place to point a finger.

Comment

Just to comment on the accusations regarding JD. As a young guy in the sport and I member of the 2002 world cup team I have never met a greater leader in my life. This man is a true champion of the sport "a walking track and field bible" and an extremely kind individual. All ego's aside I watched him run with 2 unproven US team members in the 4x1 at the world cup not only to win the Gold medal but to also run a world leading time. Without his leadership it simply would not have been done.JD is not only a current star in the sport he is also a legend for USA track and field. I once herd JD say "dirty athletes come on the scene quickly and leave the scene quickly". How long has JD been around? He's the clown prince of track and field,more importantly he's a champion.

Comment

He's an ass for embarassing his country while wearing it's colors. While we still have guys dying overseas for our freedom, Drummond is embarassing our nation while representing it. I'd take his pompous ass over to Iraq and teach him a little about putting country ahead of self.

He's an ass.

Comment

Oh, and did I mention that I think he's an ass?

Comment

Just watched it on the CBC(I love saying that-I just hope it doesn't cut into the 10000 coverage). Got some sympathy for him. To the naked eye, it looked like he was the 5th man out. As far as his antics, I'll weigh in on that in another thread.

Comment

"Now as for what
              happened today armchair coach."

Michael Johnson reportedly had some unkind words for Drummond's behaviour on tv today. Nobody should be accusing John of drug use. They don't count. Period. The issue of whether or not he should be out and how he chose to behave is another matter entirely. Someone who showed a whole lot more class in the same circumstances was Raelene Boyle of Australia. In the 76 Olympic 200 semis, she was kicked out for false-starting when she hadn't even been told the first false start had been attributed to her. Having won silver in the previous 2 Olympics, (behind the fraudlein Stecher in Munich), she had alot to be pissed about. However, she left the track, accepted her fate, and certainly didn't behave like a kid refusing to go to bed.

Comment

Just to be clear on my previous remarks, Johnson's remarks had nothing to do with drug use, they were with respect to his tantrum.

Comment

>Just to be clear on my previous remarks,
                  >Johnson's remarks had nothing to do with drug
                  >use, they were with respect to his tantrum.

JD was responding to this post on darkwing from one [email protected]:

"Maybe Drummond is having flashbacks from his former drug use."

Comment

>Just watched it on the CBC(I love saying that-I
                    >just hope it doesn't cut into the 10000
                    >coverage).

Bummer dude. That quarter final cost us the 10000 coverage. Here's hoping something will be on at 11:30pm.

Comment

JD has never "flinched" from drawing attention to himself...comb in hair, relay team flexing crap, etc.
                      Why would he be any different in this situation?
                      And no, I don't like it. Shut up and run, clown-prince. When being outrageous knocks the hell of class and dignity, it's time to rethink things.

Comment

Drummond has always acted like an ass. He deserves the big boning he got. He's a classless moron. Congrats to Collins.

Comment

>He's an ass for embarassing his country while
                          >wearing it's colors. While we still have guys
                          >dying overseas for our freedom, Drummond is
                          >embarassing our nation while representing it.
                          >I'd take his pompous ass over to Iraq and teach
                          >him a little about putting country ahead of
                          >self.

>He's an ass.

You can KISS Jon Drummond's ass! He didn't embarrass anybody except for those like you who choose to blow this incident way out of proportion... and what's this BS about "putting country ahead of self"? Like American athletes have some responsibility to act like political embassadors in light of the situation in Iraq? Leave it to some flag-waving dumbass on a message board to bitch about patriotism when something goes down that has nothing to do with national affiliation in the first place.

Comment

Drummond's tantrum DID NOT play well abroad, so national affiliation has a lot to do with it! The worldwide media reports are quite negative about him. Even the U.S. reports condemn his actions. Go to international track message boards & you will see the same.

When athletes represent their NATION -- at the Olympics or world championships -- they should put country before themselves. Had this been the rule, we wouldn't have seen Seneca Lassiter's ridiculous rabbiting at last year's IAAF World Cup or the idiotic disrespect for our own national anthem & flag by our athletes after their men's 4x1 victory.

Like it or not, our athletes are judged by their Americanness. That is reality! Our athletes must show class & put a good foot forward whereever they go.

Comment

Not to mention that Drummond may now get kicked off the 4x1 relay team. We are still gold medal contenders, but his absence could hurt. Athletes must think about the ramifications of their actions.

Comment

Working...
                              X