• Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Drummond on Drummond

this is old news who cares about drummond he's bout to be old news

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

HEY JON, DONT LET THESE CLOWNS BRING U DOWN.YOUR A GUY WHO HAS BEEN A GREAT EXAMPLE TO MILLIONS OF YOUNG PEOPLE WHO WAS ALWAYS TOLD WHEN U WERE YOUNG U CANT DO THAT OR RUN THAT FAST,WELL HARDWORK//LOTS OF JESUS//AND YOUVE BEEN ONE OF THE TOP SPRINTERS IN AMERICA.THANX FOR ALL THE YEARS.I STILL THINK POCATELLO IN 1999/2000 INDOORS WAS THE WILDEST//BUSES THROUGH THE SNOW/MOUNTAINS//THE MEET WAS GREAT.WATCHING JEARL-MILES CLARK COMWE STORMING INTO THE HOTEL AFTER WAITING 8 HOURS BECAUSE BUS BROKE DOWN.

HEY WWW.PREFONTAINE-RUN.COM THE MISSION CONTINUES
    YOUR STILL IN THE ACCALADES JON.DO U THINK I LISTEN TO THE CLOWNS,AND I WILL QUALIFY FOR OLYMPIC TRIALS AT 800/1500 .THE ATHLETES RIGHTS LIVES ON.DONT FORGET NEXT YEAR WERE ALL DOING THE GLADIATOR RACES IN THE ORIGINAL OLYMPIC STAIDE WERE ALL WEARING SUITS OF ARMOUR LIKE 2,000 YEARS AGO.TELL JOHNNY GRAY WHATS UP &YEEEHAAAAAAAA!

I CANT WAIT TILL ITS 40 BELOW ZERO IN CHICAGO ITS SO FRIGID THE STREET LIGHTS START TO DIM,I STRAP ON MY WORKBOOTS&PULL MY CARTIRE HARNESS WITH WRIST WEIGHTS.I CANT WAIT.

A BROTHER IN CHRIST
    MICHAEL MARREN

TELL CAP THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF IT.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

A simple solution to this "wipeout" possibility is to scratch the guy with the fastest false start reaction time. Then, you won't have to wipe out an entire field (or even half of it!). Peace.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>Like I said,
    >it's a far-fetched possibility, but I got a
    >feeling may happen somewhere. Maybe not in
    >Athens, Bejing or New York?, but somewhere, it
    >may. Stayed tuned for another episode of
    >"Jumpin' Da Gun". Peace.

Doesn't the NCAA have a strict false start rule? How many big finals have they had where most or half the field have been DQ'd? For that matter, how many individual false starts do they have? Why are they different?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>Yes, if everyone had a reaction time less than
    >.100 the entire field would be subject to
    >DQ.

And if that happens in an Olympic Final, the next one to jump would be Dick Ebersol (head of NBC Sports).

Remember, the false start rule was implimented to satisfy TV, so that the meet would move along and viewers could stay at their TV sets. And the far-fetched prospect of an entire Olympic Final field DQ'd. Not exactly satisfying TV, is it....?

Like I said, it's a far-fetched possibility, but I got a feeling may happen somewhere. Maybe not in Athens, Bejing or New York?, but somewhere, it may. Stayed tuned for another episode of "Jumpin' Da Gun". Peace.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Treadway
    replied

Yes, if everyone had a reaction time less than .100 the entire field would be subject to DQ.

HOWEVER, there are some tricks available to the Starter. He can always attribute it to an unfair distraction from the crowd, a sudden sonic boom overhead (which nobody else has to hear or whatever and do a re-start.
    He would be wise to do so if more than half the field false starts, but is probably unwise to do so if LESS than half the field false starts.

If only two or three jump the gun, go ahead and clear them off the track and try again with the remaining five or six.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Like I said on another thread, I do like Drummond overall, even though I disagree with his actions in Paris.

However, I got to be real. He flinched. Tell me something. It looks like the way the rule is set up, if everyone in that heat reacted too fast, the officials can technically DQ the whole field.

Which brings me to a very far-fetched scenario: What if, on the second time around, the gun had EVERYONE in an Olympic final false start. Could or would the officials technically wipe out an entire Olympic Final????????

Remember, the way the rule is, it's not about if you false start first, but if anyone false starts at all. That means multiple athletes could be eliminated.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Treadway
    replied

>Tim didnt false start. He did nothing wrong.

Supporting rationale please.

By entering the meet Drummond agreed to participate under the rules as laid down.
    The rules define ANY reaction time faster than 0.100 as a false start. Period.
    Drummond's measured reaction time was much faster.

When there is documentation like the computerized false start apparatus, the burden of proof to refute it lies with the athlete, which is of course an extremely difficult burden, but perhaps not totally impossible. Drummond couldn't provide any credible supporting evidence that he didn't commit a false start AS DEFINED BY THE RULES. Can you?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Didnt know the first false start was hers?? please. Even if they dindt tell her she most likely knew, thats bull. And then fallstarted again....Tim didnt false start. He did nothing wrong. She did it twice. There is a big difference.

Leave a comment:

• blacklily
    replied

Not to mention that Drummond may now get kicked off the 4x1 relay team. We are still gold medal contenders, but his absence could hurt. Athletes must think about the ramifications of their actions.

Leave a comment:

• blacklily
    replied

Drummond's tantrum DID NOT play well abroad, so national affiliation has a lot to do with it! The worldwide media reports are quite negative about him. Even the U.S. reports condemn his actions. Go to international track message boards & you will see the same.

When athletes represent their NATION -- at the Olympics or world championships -- they should put country before themselves. Had this been the rule, we wouldn't have seen Seneca Lassiter's ridiculous rabbiting at last year's IAAF World Cup or the idiotic disrespect for our own national anthem & flag by our athletes after their men's 4x1 victory.

Like it or not, our athletes are judged by their Americanness. That is reality! Our athletes must show class & put a good foot forward whereever they go.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>He's an ass for embarassing his country while
    >wearing it's colors. While we still have guys
    >dying overseas for our freedom, Drummond is
    >embarassing our nation while representing it.
    >I'd take his pompous ass over to Iraq and teach
    >him a little about putting country ahead of
    >self.

>He's an ass.

You can KISS Jon Drummond's ass! He didn't embarrass anybody except for those like you who choose to blow this incident way out of proportion... and what's this BS about "putting country ahead of self"? Like American athletes have some responsibility to act like political embassadors in light of the situation in Iraq? Leave it to some flag-waving dumbass on a message board to bitch about patriotism when something goes down that has nothing to do with national affiliation in the first place.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Drummond has always acted like an ass. He deserves the big boning he got. He's a classless moron. Congrats to Collins.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

JD has never "flinched" from drawing attention to himself...comb in hair, relay team flexing crap, etc.
    Why would he be any different in this situation?
    And no, I don't like it. Shut up and run, clown-prince. When being outrageous knocks the hell of class and dignity, it's time to rethink things.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>Just watched it on the CBC(I love saying that-I
    >just hope it doesn't cut into the 10000
    >coverage).

Bummer dude. That quarter final cost us the 10000 coverage. Here's hoping something will be on at 11:30pm.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X