Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY coverage

http://www.nyrrc.org/nyrrc/marathon/new ... y-mile.php

"12:23 p.m.: Ramaala and Tergat ran stride for stride up Park Drive to the finish. Tergat briefly fell behind Ramaala, but then drew even again. Coming up to the line, both men lunged, but it was Tergat who broke the tape as Ramaala tumbled to the pavement. Both were given the same time, 2:09:31 unofficially, but Paul Tergat is the ING New York City Marathon 2005 champion."

Yikes. A lean at the end of a marathon.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
      Something Ramaala is going to have to add to his workouts.

Comment

and don't forget women's race. 8) final fight between Susan Chepkemei with stomach problems and Jelena Prokopchuka. great race for both.
        “I'm not a star, I'm just an ordinary person who wants to do something because I think it's fun.”

Carolina Kluft

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
          Originally posted by MJD
          Something Ramaala is going to have to add to his workouts.
          if marathons are gonna be that close the runners had better work on their start :wink:
          phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
            if marathons are gonna be that close the runners had better work on their start :wink:
            Starting blocks . . .

Comment

Watched both races on Eurosport. Ramaala leaned at the "tape" and took a nasty spill when crossing the finish line... one Tergat-to-the-finish battle reminiscent of Tergat-Geb on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                Watched both races on Eurosport.
                Just so you know, we hate you Europeans and your 'I watched T&F on TV' stuff!! :evil: :x :evil:

I just checked the old TiVo schedule - we get a 1-hour highlights package on NBC starting in about 30 minutes. Sounds like this race has some real highlights. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                  Watched both races on Eurosport.
                  Just so you know, we hate you Europeans and your 'I watched T&F on TV' stuff!! :evil: :x :evil:
                  Amen bro! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Ramaala leaned at the "tape" and took a nasty spill when crossing the finish line..
                    He had enough presence of mind to stop his watch while he was on the ground!

Comment

Originally posted by maggot
                      He had enough presence of mind to stop his watch while he was on the ground!
                      Doesn't everyone? Running joke with the guys I run with is the fact that I have taken several nasty spills on ice, a couple of which had me airborne, and I will always stop my watch before I hit the ground.

Comment

Great races both sides and the ladies chair was wheel to wheel for a long while.
                        I hope that the Marine Cpl. who sang the Anthem shoots better than she sings.
                        All my ribbing aside I'm glad to hear Larry Rawson is doing well enough to help call the race.
                        Tom Hyland:
                        "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                          Doesn't everyone? Running joke with the guys I run with is the fact that I have taken several nasty spills on ice, a couple of which had me airborne, and I will always stop my watch before I hit the ground.
                          What's Ice?

Comment

I actually enjoy the variable weather conditions up here. Makes it more interesting. Anywhere from a 30 below windchill to a 110 degree heat index. I actually think I prefer the cold to the heat. You can dress for the cold. You can't undress for the heat.

Comment

Just watched the tape. It was painful to hear about and even more painful to watch. And that wasn't a lean. That was a collapse.

Comment

Working...
                              X