Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelena-stitch!

Jelena had her own problem for a while; she struggled with a cramp on her side at the end of the race.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
      You can't undress for the heat.
      But I love it when the ladies try!! :lol: :wink: :roll: :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
        Just watched the tape.
        AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!!! I did NOT watch the tape because for some reason my @#$%&! DVR failed to record it! Grrrr!
        "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

What a tremendous race. Tergat seems to be finding the long driving kick that in his prime on the track was second only to Geb's (e.g., his two OG silver medals), but which seemed to have abandoned him, with the exception of his marathon WR, in his previous marathons.

Any theories about why that is?

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
            Originally posted by MJD
            Just watched the tape.
            AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!!! I did NOT watch the tape because for some reason my @#$%&! DVR failed to record it! Grrrr!
            Shoulda had the superior TiVo . . .

OK, the rib eye is on the barb and I just saw the big finish. Three things:

1. We love seeing super-fit women puking on national TV.
            2. The finish is the closest that I've ever seen in a marathon. Both guys were awesome.
            3. Laughing all the way when Ramaala stopped his watch. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

Great stuff . . .

Comment

Originally posted by maggot
              Originally posted by EPelle
              Ramaala leaned at the "tape" and took a nasty spill when crossing the finish line..
              He had enough presence of mind to stop his watch while he was on the ground!
              Had to report time of accident to his insurance company. His scrapes would suffice for result of accident. But cause of accident may be hard to prove without evidence.

Comment

Close as the men's finish was, it was apparent that Ramaala's arm carriage was too low to permit a quick leg turnover. Tergat's arms were angled much more, giving him less moment arm to swing.

One of the more exciting finishes I have seen on the roads in years! As a 'Murican, I was delighted to see two of our guys in the top five. Good news all around.

Comment

Working...
                X