Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help.......

hello, my name is CJ. I am relitevly new to distance running, i used to me a hj, pv person but i got switched at the end of inddor track last year. I have just been running to put on mile for xc, but now that xc is over i need to get faster for indoor, and i was woundering if anyone could help me, or give me tips on things such as, training, shoes, food, anthing that could help me.
    Thank you-
    CJ

Re: Please Help.......

Originally posted by littlebro650
    I am relitevly new to distance running, i used to me a hj, pv person but i got switched at the end of inddor track last year. I have just been running to put on mile for xc, but now that xc is over i need to get faster for indoor, and i was woundering if anyone could help me, or give me tips on things such as, training, shoes, food, anthing that could help me.
    Yikes - that's such a broad request! HOw old are you? What events will you be doing? HJ/PV, sprints, middle distance? Maybe you should train for the 400/800, just so you can see what events you SHOULD be doing. If that's the case, one example of an approach you could be doing would be to run 4 or 5 miles one day, and 600m repeats the next. We need more info about you, but you need to ask your coach first.

Comment

well i am 15, for indoor i am mainly am probubaly going to be from the 600-the mile. i mean i'm not a good distance runner, for example i run the mile in 5:30, but i have real long strides so acording to my coach i have high potential.......

Comment

Originally posted by littlebro650
        well i am 15, for indoor i am mainly am probubaly going to be from the 600-the mile. i mean i'm not a good distance runner, for example i run the mile in 5:30, but i have real long strides so acording to my coach i have high potential.......
        Alrighty then -we're getting somewhere now. Have you asked your coach what he recommends you to do for now? 600 to the mile is 'middle distance', which means you need endurance first and speed second. So get some good mileage in now (depending on your experience level at that) and then start some interval training (repeat runs from 600 to 1000 meters) maybe twice a week. Talk to your coach first and see what he says. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X