Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Wade being suspended for steroids now?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cynics unite

You guys slay me. Do the math and you will find very few are dirty.
    If for one year track and field reporters decided to report the positive things, and stay that course you would have a different picture of these positive test.

i am not saying everyone is innocent, that would be naive and denial. What I am saying is our sport is reported with a negative slant. Who will write that Asafa broke the wr, held by Tim Montgomery, period. No that never happens, the BALCO link is always connected. It is almost 20 years later and Ben Johnson is still mentioned, why?

Larry was not public due to great lawyering, as you put it. But instead of making a snide comment about a persons right to defend himself, how about you ask the real question, what about these cases are flawed to the point that the process is continually dragged out? Do your homework on that then come in here making comments.

Being a cynic does not make you a realists. Being pessimistic does not absolve you of disappointment.

It pays greater to believe in heroes than to doubt everyone.

I am putting away my soapbox for now...

Comment

Very few are stupid enough to get caught. Most are dirty. It's way too obvious, I can see it when the peliminary round sprinters line up against the world class sprinters from Western Countries and the sprinters look like they are competing in different events.........

Comment

And if most athletes are as inept at reasoning as the posters on this board - no wonder they are all on drugs!

Comment

larry wade

trackstar, i grew up down the road from elgin as well,although i;m told that larry is actually from giddings.that being said,i was told by some acquaintances of mine,guys from giddings who know larry very well (the lc express coaching crew) that larry didn't do it. I don't think the test lie though.I competed myself,as did my brothers,two of which were state champions.i know you can succeed without cheating.i must admit that i've questoned more than a few record performances,but i still believe that the majority of athletes win without the aid of drugs.I will admit that i lean toward high school competitions more and more these days.hope things work out for larry.keep the faith trackstar.

Comment

Time flies when you're having fun: note that Wade is eligible to run again on July 13. He's apparently training and ready to go.

Comment

Re: Cynics unite

Originally posted by Smoke
              You guys slay me. Do the math and you will find very few are dirty.

It pays greater to believe in heroes than to doubt everyone.
              Apparently it pays more to have good lawyers. Maybe it's not the case that very few are dirty, but rather their lawyers are pretty crafty. I wonder how many other cases got loopholed out of the courts?

It is almost 20 years later and Ben Johnson is still mentioned, why?
              Aside from the fact that Ben went down in the biggest blaze in doping history (in front of the whole world, at that), there's a much deeper reason. Everyone learned what *not* do to from the Ben Johnson case. Never be honest, and never admit from the get-go that you were using. When you're caught: deny deny deny.

Comment

Originally posted by Track fan
                Very few are stupid enough to get caught. Most are dirty. It's way too obvious, I can see it when the peliminary round sprinters line up against the world class sprinters from Western Countries and the sprinters look like they are competing in different events.........
                if your judgement is so good, then why bother with drug-testing ?

woudn't it be cheaper for wada to scrap their whole worldwide anti-doping program & just employ you & you can go around to every line-up at a meet & pronounce "guilty" or "innocent" over every athlete there ?

Comment

You guys are responding to 6 month old posts.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                    You guys are responding to 6 month old posts.
                    statute of limitations on doping accustations ( like homicide ) never runs out ! :wink:

Comment

Working...
                    X