Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mongomery... status for relay ??!!

Yeah, but the USATF has shown no cojones at all. So, as Dan says above, and just like in the Lassiter case, there will most likely be no action taken beyond a slap on the wrist (if that...).

Comment

Family emergency? Come on... Monty left because he was pissed about his 100m. He's selfish

Comment

<As an interesting sidebar (and not to take away from the excitement leading up to the relay) many in the press section are wondering if Montgomery will be banned from future USA relay teams. The general consensus from the journos is OF COURSE NOT. Just as many correctly predicted that Lassiter would be given no more than a slap on the wrist for his World Cup shamblings, Montgomery will still be eligible for next year's relay pool, when we'll surely revisit such idiocy in Athens.>>

by now the coaching staff has first say and they might not pick clowns like drummond, primadonas like monty who think they are better than anybody else just because of one race...

Comment

After the way he ran in the 100, perhaps it's a GOOD thing that Monty bailed on the relay.

Comment

When Monty ran so bad in the 100m and You are happy he ain´t on the relay, why do You guys want B. Williams on the relay? MMMmmmmh, as much as I know, he beat Williams in the final.
            I don´t know, but I am not that dissapointed with Monty´s performance in the open 100m. A lot of people didn´t even expect him to even make the final anymore and he ran better than all year. Just the final wasn´t his race.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they had a shot on CBC last night during the women's 200 final of Marion Jones in the stands. If she's sticking around to spectate, has Montgomery really left town?

Comment

I am in Paris

I am in Paris right now. Montgomery has left. He will not be running in the 4 x 100m this year. He is out, Greene is out, and Drummond is defenitely out. Left are; Capel, Patton, Williams, J.J. Johnson, and Gatlin is here for training purposes, but I doubt that he will be allowed to run. It should be interesting to see how they will do, because you know they are tired.

Comment

Working...
                X