Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clement, Merritt, Spearmon to go after 300 WR

Springdale, Arkansas, USA - A quartet of the world’s best sprinters has been assembled to challenge the fastest ever indoor time for the rarely run distance of 300m. The race will be contested at the Tyson Invitational on 10 February at the Randal Tyson Track Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=2/newsId=33125.html

Re: Clement, Merritt, Spearmon to go after 300 WR

Originally posted by Trackshark
    The race will be contested at Fayetteville
    It's a gonner! :lol:

Comment

Nah, that track is toooooo sloooooow. :twisted:

Comment

This is what happens when you put money into events (the top athletes show up to compete). $25,000 to the one who breaks the record! Wish they invited me...

Comment

Originally posted by Quarter Horse
          This is what happens when you put money into events (the top athletes show up to compete). $25,000 to the one who breaks the record! Wish they invited me...
          I've got to agree with this. What a match up, lets hope it draws the crowds.

Note they might invite you but could you beat them to that pot of gold?

Actually who knows, the rules seem to change indoors with regard to whom is dominant. I remember Todd Bennet (ex Brit) seemed to run a lot better indoors.

Comment

i'd have put money on you, that's your perfect distance

Originally posted by Quarter Horse

Comment

I want to be there when the managers have a free-for-all trying to decide the lane assignments, since the finish order is quite likely to be lane 6, lane 5, lane 4, lane 3.

USATF rulebook is too quirky for me to wade through to find the requisite domestic rules, but note that the IAAF rulebook says that the first 200 should be run in lanes all the way, then break for the pole. That last 100 is going to be a doozy!

(Note, of course, that 300m isn't an official WR distance)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                Oh, it IS now! Let's take bets on the over-and-under. I think they can go out in 20.80 and still hold on for a 31.50 - almost .7 under the current record!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  USATF rulebook is too quirky for me to wade through to find the requisite domestic rules, but note that the IAAF rulebook says that the first 200 should be run in lanes all the way, then break for the pole.
                  The USATF rules say the same thing. (Rule 160.8(c)(ii))

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                    Originally posted by gh
                    Oh, it IS now!
                    I'm not sure whether you were kidding, but just to avoid confusion, it is not an official WIR distance. Never has been and probably never will be.

Comment

I agree with GH that lane choice will be very important, but lane 6 is not necessarily the quickest on that track. I believe 4 and 5 are better on that track than 6.

Comment

That would certainly make it different than every other banked 200 I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob H
                          Originally posted by tafnut
                          Originally posted by gh
                          Oh, it IS now!
                          I'm not sure whether you were kidding, but just to avoid confusion, it is not an official WIR distance. Never has been and probably never will be.
                          I was formally bestowing WR-status on the event now, by Imperial Fiat. I CAN do that, can't I?

Comment

Danny Everett, UCLA 31.48, the fastest sea-level time in history.
                            This great Bruin will not be beaten by these east-of-the-Mississippi wannabes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob H
                              Originally posted by gh
                              USATF rulebook is too quirky for me to wade through to find the requisite domestic rules, but note that the IAAF rulebook says that the first 200 should be run in lanes all the way, then break for the pole.
                              The USATF rules say the same thing. (Rule 160.8(c)(ii))
                              I'm always reluctant to disagree with my esteemed colleagues, but I believe the rules (USATF & IAAF) actually state that the runners must stay in their lane through the end of the "2nd bend", which would be a straightaway short of a full 200-meters. (right?)

Comment

Working...
                              X