Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 - the Year of the Vault

I know we've called other years the year of the vault before, but 2020 is just better than ever!!!!

So far we have...

Mondo 6.17m WORLD RECORD

Sam Kendricks 6.01m AMERICAN INDOOR RECORD

Eight(!!!!) Americans over 5.80+ already (Kendricks, Pater, Nilsen, Irwin, Wooten, Ludwig, Walsh, Lightfoot)

Plus today Sandi Morris cleared 4.91m and attempted 5.04m!!

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
    I know we've called other years the year of the vault before, but 2020 is just better than ever!!!!

maybe it's the shoes 🤬

Comment

Well, for the second week of the year - yeah - but let's wait till Sept to ice this cake!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

maybe it's the shoes 🤬
        I know this was tongue in cheek, but I don't think the new style of shoes have made their way to the jumps yet, have they?

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they had...

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

maybe it's the shoes 🤬
            Given his surname, I suppose KC Lightfoot is a prime suspect.

Comment

Chris Nilsen 5.82 today for another indoor PR!

Zach Bradford 5.71 for an indoor PR. Said he left up 5.76, but the bar bounced up and landed on top of the standards, therefore a miss.

At the meet in Rouen, where Sam jumped 6.01, we also had Harry Coppell jump 5.80 to hit the Olympic standard for the first time, and Cole Walsh 5.80 for an indoor PR.

Oh and last week Kurtis Marschall 5.80, coming back after being out with an injury.

Comment

Oh and last week Kurtis Marschall 5.80, coming back after being out with an injury.
                19 feet (5.80) has become so . . . still freaking cool!

Comment

Morgunov 5.86 today.

Comment

Morgunov 5.86 today.
                    Great result, yet a foot below MD.
                    I fear no one will be able to push MD till he has a really bad day.

Comment

There are 7 American men over 5.80 so far. That seems pretty impressive in early February.

Looking at world athletics site, it hasn’t happened before,

Also. Why are people calling Kendricks 6.01 a record? Jeff Hartwig went 6.02 in 2002.
                      Last edited by Dave; 02-10-2020, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I think that the 6.02 was never ratified.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                          I think that the 6.02 was never ratified.
                          PVP on her message board said this in response to a similar discussion:
                          Hartwig's mark was never ratified by USATF (because Jeff didn't know that he needed to submit the paperwork), that could explain the discrepancy.

Comment

Hartwig had an indoor 6.01 and 6.02 that were never ratified.

At the time, the burden was more strongly on the athletes to submit the paperwork to get their records ratified. No one told Hartwig that, he finally figured it out many years later, at which point getting the right signatures from obscure European meets proves difficult.

As Sam's agent, I'm sure Hartwig is getting some kind of cut from whatever bonuses Sam gets for breaking the American Record, so it all works out in the end!

Comment

I'm just pissed still re rule changes over the years re peg length & crossbar ends; imagine if they were as they were when Bubka set his WRs, Mondo would be jumping huuuuuuuge even more often!

Comment

Working...
                              X