Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madrid 2/21/20

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Today's meet has been added to NBC Gold - starts at 1pm today
    Thank you for the info.

    A question and rant:

    Question: are you finding out about T&F adds to NBC Gold via some kind of alert, or are you just periodically logging in to check.

    Rant: for the money we paid these late no-notice/almost-no notice program adds, and the lack of confirming the broadcast of DL meets or not, is the kind of thing that helps keeps T&F f'd as a spectator sport here in the US . . .
    Last edited by bad hammy; 02-21-2020, 08:49 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      A few other notable results:
      Women's 60mH: Clemons - 7.82, Ali - 7.88
      Men's 60m Dash: Baker - 6.44, Kemp - 6.48
      Men's 60mH: Pozzie - 7.48, Al Youha - 7.52

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
        Thank you for the info.

        A question and rant:

        Question: are you finding out about T&F adds to NBC Gold via some kind of alert, or are you just periodically logging in to check.

        Rant: for the money we paid these late no-notice/almost-no notice program adds, and the lack of confirming the broadcast of DL meets or not, is the kind of thing that helps keeps T&F f'd as a spectator sport here in the US . . .
        The meet has been listed for a couple of weeks on the ad for the Track and Field ticket, but it's not easy to find. If you click on the Track and Field pass, then scroll down, you see there are now four tabs, one of them "World Athletics". It shows Berlin, Glasgow, Madrid, and then several Continental Tour meets -- Ostrava, Madrid, Berlin and Zagreb. BTW, the commentary is just one man, not very knowledgeable.

        Still no word on any DL coverage, which starts April 17 in Doha,with Barshim listed as competing.

        Very good M 3000 race saw Getnet Wale beat Bethwell Birgen and Selemon Barega in 7:39.96. I believe Wale and Birgen tied in points and wins, so Wale gets it on fastest time, his 7:32.80 in Lievin.

        Also, Gudaf Tsegay won the W 1500 in 4:04.66 to take the title, and Adam Kszczot bounced back from his crash in Lievin, finishing 2nd (barely) to Collins Kipruto,giving him a 31-30 win. Kipruto ran 1:46.09.
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank
        Woodland, CA, USA

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
          The meet has been listed for a couple of weeks on the ad for the Track and Field ticket, but it's not easy to find. If you click on the Track and Field pass, then scroll down, you see there are now four tabs, one of them "World Athletics". It shows Berlin, Glasgow, Madrid, and then several Continental Tour meets -- Ostrava, Madrid, Berlin and Zagreb. BTW, the commentary is just one man, not very knowledgeable.
          Got an e-mail from them at 11am, but because it's on the Oly Chnl tonight, and Gold added a meet last week, I suspected its late addition to Gold, so checked this morn and voila! there it was.

          I agree on the commentator - he got some pretty basic things wrong, but at least caught his errors and made fun of himself.

          OT Marathon 12-3 this Saturday. Sure glad it's on TV, so I can DVR it and watch it in 5 minutes.
          Last edited by Atticus; 02-21-2020, 09:25 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            OT Trials Saturday? I think they are next Saturday.

            Comment


            • #21
              I thought Demek Kempt improved dramatically with his second-place to Baker in the 60. He did not lose focus by sneaking looks at his rivals and he did not rise too soon after the start. He kept his head down and remained low in the beginning, the gradually rising into his drive phase. It was only 60, but he ran straight through to the line and he finished strong and was getting to Baker (who may have eased a bit). I thought it was a big improvement on hs usual races.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
                He kept his head down and remained low in the beginning, the gradually rising into his drive phase.
                I'm often disappointed to see sprinters who think they're supposed to bow their head in acceleration. The head should be in line with the spine, so there's an aggressive lean of the torso, not just the head bent over.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  I'm often disappointed to see sprinters who think they're supposed to bow their head in acceleration. The head should be in line with the spine, so there's an aggressive lean of the torso, not just the head bent over.
                  Touché

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X