Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 World Outdoor Results

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gh View Post
    link to Monaco DL entry lists now posted on home page
    Has its own thread now.

    Comment


    • Two good resulrs in portuguese chsmps:
      shor put female - Auriol Dongmo 19.53m afer several years living on Portugal she is now portugese.
      Triple jump male - Tuago Pereira 16.94m he start his career in high jump but noe its main event is triple jump. Portugal can have 3 athletes in OG; Pichardo Evora and Tiago.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by pmoura View Post
        Two good resulrs in portuguese chsmps:
        shor put female - Auriol Dongmo 19.53m afer several years living on Portugal she is now portugese.
        Formally of Cameroon. Also I think I saw that's a national record for Portugal?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ATK View Post
          Formally of Cameroon. Also I think I saw that's a national record for Portugal?
          Yes it is a national record for Portugal. Another interesting result was in high jump male, Gerson Balde got 2.23m and in last two years he had improved 20 cm and as he is young (21) we hope at last Portugal has an high jump athlete in majors such as OG or WC.

          Comment


          • Elaine Thompson follows up on her 10.88 with a 22.19 in the 200m. #2 in the world
            video of the race: https://youtu.be/E3SDR_lOv8o

            Comment




            • Also, Dongmo's 19.53 would be an outdoor WL.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ATK View Post
                Elaine Thompson follows up on her 10.88 with a 22.19 in the 200m. #2 in the world
                video of the race: https://youtu.be/E3SDR_lOv8o
                It's not inconceivable that she will successfully defend both of her Olympic titles...

                Comment


                • Stahl had a 71.37 at Sollentuna, and had one other monster throw that was a slight foot foul.

                  Comment


                  • Daniel Stahl threw 71.37m in the discus today, which is (I think) his 2nd best throw ever.

                    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-r1PRReYw

                    Comment


                    • 234-2!!

                      Comment


                      • Fabbri won the mSP with a 21.57 outdoor PR

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ATK View Post
                          Daniel Stahl threw 71.37m in the discus today, which is (I think) his 2nd best throw ever.

                          Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-r1PRReYw
                          Don't know how he got away with that. Originally the red flag went up and it was a clear foul (the back of his foot breaching the circle on the slo-mo at the 40s mark of the YouTube video). However, hhe argued the toss with the officials and somehow persuaded them to allow it.

                          On a very similar 71+m foul in Round 5 he didn't manage to change the officials' minds.

                          Simple solution ... Why can't officials have access to the TV replay to show throwers that it was definitely a foul?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                            it was a clear foul (the back of his foot breaching the circle on the slo-mo at the 40s mark of the YouTube video).
                            I wouldn't say it's obvious, but it sure looks like the sole of his foot touched the outside of ring. It's possible it hovered a fraction of an inch above.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

                              It's not inconceivable that she will successfully defend both of her Olympic titles...
                              Maybe...but S. Richardson 22.00 might have something to say about that.
                              Last edited by 1runner1; 08-11-2020, 07:37 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                I wouldn't say it's obvious, but it sure looks like the sole of his foot touched the outside of ring. It's possible it hovered a fraction of an inch above.
                                ditto

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X