Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 World Outdoor Results

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
    Maybe...but S. Richardson 22.00 might have something to say about that.
    Wow. Waiting to see the video but likely a solo run based on second place.

    Comment


    • Just saw that the Gold Continental Tour meets will be streamed on FloTrack in the US (I'm guessing as opposed to NBC and not in parallel).
      https://youtu.be/TCoBh6ky7Kc

      Obviously requires a Flotrack subscription.
      https://www.flotrack.org/collections/6767934/event

      Aug 11th - Paavo Nurmi Games Turku, Finland (tomorrow)
      Entries: https://www.tilastopaja.eu/db/participants.php

      Aug 19th - Gyulai István Memorial Székesfehérvár, Hungary
      Some committed athletes: http://gyulaimemorial.hu/hu/hirek/ju...i_verseny.html

      Aug 23rd - Seiko Golden Grand Prix Tokyo, Japan
      Entries: http://goldengrandprix-japan.com/2020/athlete/

      Sept 6th - Kamila Skolimowska Memorial Chorzów, Poland

      Sep 26th - Kip Keino Classic Nairobi, Kenya
      Last edited by ATK; 08-10-2020, 09:19 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ATK View Post
        Just saw that the Gold Continental Tour meets will be streamed on FloTrack in the US (I'm guessing as opposed to NBC).
        https://youtu.be/TCoBh6ky7Kc

        Aug 11th - Paavo Nurmi Games Turku, Finland (tomorrow)
        Entries: https://www.tilastopaja.eu/db/participants.php

        Aug 19th - Gyulai István Memorial Székesfehérvár, Hungary
        Some Commited athletes: http://gyulaimemorial.hu/hu/hirek/ju...i_verseny.html

        Aug 23rd - Seiko Golden Grand Prix Tokyo, Japan
        Entries: http://goldengrandprix-japan.com/2020/athlete/

        Sept 6th - Kamila Skolimowska Memorial Chorzów, Poland

        Sep 26th - Kip Keino Classic Nairobi, Kenya
        For those in the US without FloTrack, the Turku meeting can be watched with a VPN on Finnish TV (6pm to 9pm local time) at https://areena.yle.fi/1-50530459 . Sometimes for the Finnish meetings the VPN doesn't unblock the stream during the meeting but it does always work for on-demand viewing a few minutes after the meeting ends.

        The Continental Tour Gold meetings also include:
        8 Sep - Golden Spike (Ostrava, CZE)
        15 Sep - Memorial Borisa Hanzekovica (Zagreb, CRO)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
          Maybe...but S. Richardson 22.00 might have something to say about that.
          She might do, and so might many others!

          I'm hoping Thompson is finally over her achilles injury which as we know has been hampering her for the last two seasons. That 22.19 is her 3rd fastest since Zurich 2017, only her national title and London DL win from last season were faster. She proved in 2016 that we shouldn't just look at her times on paper, we should look at whether she is healthy or not - she ran 22.16, 22.64, 23.34 before Rio, but then was able to do 21.78 at the Olympics. 😮 There's still the potential mental issue we've discussed, but for me, she's still the one who is the most likely to do the double.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

            She might do, and so might many others!

            I'm hoping Thompson is finally over her achilles injury which as we know has been hampering her for the last two seasons. That 22.19 is her 3rd fastest since Zurich 2017, only her national title and London DL win from last season were faster. She proved in 2016 that we shouldn't just look at her times on paper, we should look at whether she is healthy or not - she ran 22.16, 22.64, 23.34 before Rio, but then was able to do 21.78 at the Olympics. 😮 There's still the potential mental issue we've discussed, but for me, she's still the one who is the most likely to do the double.
            In my opinion Asher Smith and Uibo Miller are more favorites in 200m than Elaine. Of course for Uibo Miller a double 200/400 is not easy at all and the main event for Uibo Miller I believe is 400m.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
              Simple solution ... Why can't officials have access to the TV replay to show throwers that it was definitely a foul?
              They don't? Last year, Dacres had a foul call overturned after replay.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-_aIfNjT0

              Comment


              • Originally posted by pmoura View Post

                In my opinion Asher Smith and Uibo Miller are more favorites in 200m than Elaine. Of course for Uibo Miller a double 200/400 is not easy at all and the main event for Uibo Miller I believe is 400m.
                At this point in time, based off the last two seasons, yes. But as mentioned, ET has been suffering with an achilles injury for the last few seasons. If she has overcome that this season, then for me she is right up there as a contender next season. We'll see!

                Comment


                • Johannes Vetter threw 91.49 WL in the first round of the Paavo Nurmi Games in Turku.

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBwEbJby7BE
                  Last edited by br; 08-11-2020, 03:52 PM. Reason: Added video

                  Comment


                  • 300 feet, 2 inches !

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pmoura View Post

                      In my opinion Asher Smith and Uibo Miller are more favorites in 200m than Elaine. Of course for Uibo Miller a double 200/400 is not easy at all and the main event for Uibo Miller I believe is 400m.
                      With Richardson seeming to now back up her fabulous NCAA meet, it seems that there are five athletes that all have a decent shot at the 200 (SR, ET, SMU, AS, SAFP), and there are a few others that are pretty darn good.

                      Comment


                      • Pozzi 13.17, 1.1

                        Stahl over 70 again, 70.20

                        Visser 12.66 1.2

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Atticus View Post

                          Stahl over 70 again, 70.20

                          Visser 12.66 1.2
                          Stahl's 70.20 later called a foul; his best was 69.23. Visser's WL time was 12.68, not 12.66.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
                            Stahl's 70.20 later called a foul; Visser's WL time was 12.68, not 12.66.
                            That's what I get for turning off the webcast as soon as the 100H were done!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

                              Stahl's 70.20 later called a foul; ...
                              judges making up for yesterday

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post

                                With Richardson seeming to now back up her fabulous NCAA meet, it seems that there are five athletes that all have a decent shot at the 200 (SR, ET, SMU, AS, SAFP), and there are a few others that are pretty darn good.
                                At this point in time, I am not yet ready to put SR in this group. She may very well vindicate herself by seasons end as a bona fide threat at 200 but prior to the impressive 22s flat PR I saw her chances being much better at 100m. I still hold to that.

                                I need to see a little more from her against the best in the event before I can acquiesce. A few class appearances on the circuit against any of the other four should do it. I am however still keeping Schippers in this top 5 discussion. She will have had much more time to gel with her new coach before the gun goes in 2021. If she disappoints her way out before then so be it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X