Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    If you required a vaccination card for admittance you could easily have the Trials with at least 50%. I'd go with no hesitation.
    The problem is authenticating the cards.

Comment

• I am assuming the TAFN tour is off, so I guess we will just rollover the deposit to the 2022 tour for the WC.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

The problem is authenticating the cards.
        People dumb enough to go out with fake cards is their problem. If you're vaccinated you are good to go from all the evidence I've seen. Especially outside. I'd go to Hayward now even if it was full.
        Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-23-2021, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• If you want to volunteer to help out at the OTs they'd love to have your assistance: https://www.gotracktownusa.com/volunteer-tracktown20

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
            If you want to volunteer to help out at the OTs they'd love to have your assistance: https://www.gotracktownusa.com/volunteer-tracktown20
            Interesting how many they actually use. No or very few spectators cuts down a lot of what you need volunteers for. I plan to sign up but it could be quite a scrum to get in. The pool of potential volunteers in town is suddenly much larger.
            Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-26-2021, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• since it has to be assumed that the volunteer count goes against total permitted attendance, here's hoping they find a way to go minimalist and allow those slots to go to spectators.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                since it has to be assumed that the volunteer count goes against total permitted attendance, here's hoping they find a way to go minimalist and allow those slots to go to spectators.
                I'm sure they are keeping it in mind. Sort of a math problem...

Frankly I find the policy bizarre and over the top..it is like it was still last year. 75% of over 65s in the county are fully vaccinated.
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-26-2021, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• I agree with this.

Time to End Outdoor Mask Edicts

The CDC is moving too slowly in updating its advice to comport with the scientific evidence.
                  When fighting a crisis like Covid-19, health officials can never take for granted the public’s willingness to comply. The measures imposed—social distancing, wearing masks—require sacrifice. As conditions improve, policy makers must show they’re willing to ease restrictions as swiftly as they imposed them, and a critical early test will be on wearing masks outside.

Wearing masks and restricting large gatherings were essential to controlling the pandemic’s worst peaks. But infection levels are dropping and vaccination rates rising. This is the time to revisit rules on masking and distancing in low-risk outdoor settings like parks and sports venues. Easing these rules would move more activity outdoors, which reduces viral transmission.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/time-to....co/61nzcD35oc

Comment

This is the time to revisit rules on masking and distancing in low-risk outdoor settings like parks and sports venues. Easing these rules would move more activity outdoors, which reduces viral transmission.
                    Strenuously disagree. Look how many people are refusing to be vaccinated and how dangerous the new variants are. Cram a lot of people into a sports venue and you may have a super-spreader event. The droplets carry just as well outdoors as indoors when there are lots of hosts to prey upon.

Comment

I agree with this.

Time to End Outdoor Mask Edicts

The CDC is moving too slowly in updating its advice to comport with the scientific evidence.
                      When fighting a crisis like Covid-19, health officials can never take for granted the public’s willingness to comply. The measures imposed—social distancing, wearing masks—require sacrifice. As conditions improve, policy makers must show they’re willing to ease restrictions as swiftly as they imposed them, and a critical early test will be on wearing masks outside.

Wearing masks and restricting large gatherings were essential to controlling the pandemic’s worst peaks. But infection levels are dropping and vaccination rates rising. This is the time to revisit rules on masking and distancing in low-risk outdoor settings like parks and sports venues. Easing these rules would move more activity outdoors, which reduces viral transmission.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/time-to....co/61nzcD35oc
                      It is this very attitude that saw the USA become the world's leader in covid-19 cases and deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

It is this very attitude that saw the USA become the world's leader in covid-19 cases and deaths.
                        In case you haven't noticed it is not 2020....people are getting vaccinated rapidly now.

We could have a safe Trials...if to get in you are fully vaccinated.

The Olympics in Tokyo, however, are entirely different...I still bet they are canceled. It's crazy to have them this year. In developing countries the vaccinated rate is 0.3% and Japan is 1%. And never mind India.
                        Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-27-2021, 05:15 AM.

Comment

In case you haven't noticed it is not 2020....people are getting vaccinated rapidly now.

The Olympics in Tokyo, however, are entirely different...I still bet they are canceled. It's crazy to have them this year. In developing countries the vaccinated rate is 0.3% and Japan is 1%. And never mind India.
                          Japan's problem is that they were unwilling to bend on the vaccine approval process like the U.S. and other developed countries did. That could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. The only Americans who are ending up in the hospital these days due to COVID-19 are Darwin Award candidates and kids since vaccines are now available only to adults.
                          Last edited by jazzcyclist; 04-27-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Your optimism is not exactly infectious, but right now Oregon is . . .

COVID-19 cases surge by 22.5% in Oregon along with Oregon surpasses 300 COVID-19 hospitalizations, which could trigger new county restrictions

On Monday, they were worse: Oregon now ranks first among the 50 states and Washington, D.C. on a New York Times analysis of where cases are increasing the fastest.

The state is third nationwide for where hospitalizations are increasing the fastest, behind Montana and Washington.

https://www.registerguard.com/story/...ns/7390469002/

https://www.registerguard.com/story/...de/7388272002/
                            Last edited by bad hammy; 04-27-2021, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• It is truly time for proof of immunization for entry to sporting events, restaurants, movie theaters, etc. Also for mandatory immunization to attend all schools where students are of an age to be vaccine-eligible. Also for employers to be allowed to require employees to be immunized. All not problem-free, but we have to move to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                                It is truly time for proof of immunization for entry to sporting events, restaurants, movie theaters, etc. Also for mandatory immunization to attend all schools where students are of an age to be vaccine-eligible. Also for employers to be allowed to require employees to be immunized. All not problem-free, but we have to move to that.
                                That is not going to happen for public schools until the vaccines are fully authorized for kids, instead of EUA.

I've already decided to homeschool mine next year, because the state has announced they will be forcing districts to return to full classrooms, despite a vaccine not being available for elementary. I'm planning some big cross country road trips with them

Comment

Working...
                                X