Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    How does the entity that decides to whom to award them, steal them?
    USATF's Board of Directors (with approval from the USOPC) chooses the location.

The conspiracy theory is that an entity I shall not name put up the money behind the scenes to get a local lawsuit going over the Mt SAC project, and then leveraged that to get the USOPC and USATF staff in a tizzy that the stadium would not be done in time.

I can confirm, because I was there in-person, that USOPC employee Chester Wheeler attended the June 2018 USATF board meeting and addressed the board before the meeting was called to order (so that it was not reflected in the minutes). You can see his name on the minutes, but the minutes do not reflect that he addressed the board. Steve Miller was the chair at the time, he was the one who insisted it be done that way. The Board had rescinded the Trials bid in an emergency meeting a month prior, my recollection is that Wheeler's comments indicated he was glad that USATF had rescinded the bid. Comments were made (and I forgot exactly who said what) expressing that Mt SAC had been unprofessional to work with. No one from Mt SAC was there to defend themselves, but I have had conversations with them, and their version of events is definitely very different.

The minutes from that meeting are also extremely inaccurate regarding the vote to extend the terms of the two independent board members, but that is a separate issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
      Lane County moving to COVID Extreme Risk tomorrow.
      https://lanecounty.org/government/co...s__c_o_v_i_d19
      Lucky us.....

100 allowed at Hayward....

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Lucky us.....

100 allowed at Hayward....
        Forget spectators, you cannot follow the current time schedule with that level of restriction just based on athletes, officials, and TV cameramen.

Also, looking at the "high risk" category... how on earth does it make sense to allow a larger capacity indoors than outdoors? I am all for being conservative, but that is very much the opposite of what science says.

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post

Forget spectators, you cannot follow the current time schedule with that level of restriction just based on athletes, officials, and TV cameramen.

Also, looking at the "high risk" category... how on earth does it make sense to allow a larger capacity indoors than outdoors? I am all for being conservative, but that is very much the opposite of what science says.
          Tell me something I don't know...... you would think no one had been vaccinated...or what the CDC announced yesterday. There is caution....and then there is Oregon which apparently is on another planet.

Most likely it is students causing the rise... get vaccinated you fools!

RG today...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-29-2021, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Keep in mind that if they get one of the mRNA vaccines (and if I were a female college student I would prefer that option bc of the blood clot risks), you are looking at 5-6 weeks until full immunity is reached, longer if they don't get the second shot promptly. Lane County's stats seem pretty good? The vaccine has not been available to most college students until recently.

Hopefully the partial protection from the first doses will start impacting case rates soon, and hopefully most of the college students are taking this seriously and getting jabbed.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
              e-mail I got this morning:

Oregon is a mess with Covid, they are not going to be able to handle what is going on…….why not move the Olympic Trials to Mt Sac????
              California just canceled their state high school meet.

Comment

• Students have only been eligible just recently. It will take awhile...but the numbers in the county aren't that bad. And the most vulnerable are vaccinated. Zero deaths in over 3 weeks.

If they opened things up and require a vaccine card they could do it safely and encourage everyone to get a shot. Students don't go to meets anyways. So they aren't missing anything.

Not sure where Oregon is getting their medical advice. An excellent time for Bayes Theorem.

Comment

• It seems that common sense is preceding CDC guidance by several weeks. They could pack the stadium if everyone attending wore masks and had either proof of vaccination or a proof of a negative Covid test. Hell, I would wear 5 masks and a chastity belt if it meant I could watch live action at Hayward.

Comment

• Starting tomorrow it's getting just a bit tighter at Hayward . . .

LANE COUNTY WILL MOVE TO THE EXTREME RISK LEVEL ON APRIL 30, 2021.
                    . . .

What does Extreme Risk mean?

. . .

Outdoor recreation and fitness and outdoor entertainment not to exceed 100 people

https://lanecounty.org/government/co...s__c_o_v_i_d19

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                      Starting tomorrow it's getting just a bit tighter at Hayward . . .
                      Yeah...we know...we've been discussing said problem.
                      Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-30-2021, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• 100 inside Hayward was yesterday's news....

Comment

• The times for qualification and finals for the U.S. Olympic Team Trials Hammer Throw competition for men and women have been updated.
                          Please note the following:
                          Day 1, June 18 - 12:05p.m. - Hammer Throw Men Qualifying
                          Day 3, June 20 - 4:25p.m. - Hammer Throw Men Final
                          Day 7, June 24 - 1:25p.m. - Hammer Throw Women Qualifying
                          Day 9, June 26 - 4:05p.m. - Hammer Throw Women Final

Comment

• Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
                            The times for qualification and finals for the U.S. Olympic Team Trials Hammer Throw competition for men and women have been updated.
                            Please note the following:
                            Day 1, June 18 - 12:05p.m. - Hammer Throw Men Qualifying
                            Day 3, June 20 - 4:25p.m. - Hammer Throw Men Final
                            Day 7, June 24 - 1:25p.m. - Hammer Throw Women Qualifying
                            Day 9, June 26 - 4:05p.m. - Hammer Throw Women Final
                            So now Tue and Wed are Rest Days?

Comment

100 inside Hayward was yesterday's news....

After you and me, who are the other 48 getting in the door! Sounds like one or two fans per section so spreading out should not be an issue . . .

Comment

100 inside Hayward was yesterday's news....

Do you have a link for this?

Comment

Working...
                                X