No announcement yet.

Olympic Trials Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if Pre happens this year, I suspect/fear there won't be any spectators there to enjoy it.

Comment

• They could probably let a few hundred in.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        They could probably let a few hundred in.....
        and they'll all hunch up shoulder-to-shoulder on the finishline....

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

and they'll all hunch up shoulder-to-shoulder on the finishline....
          I don't believe so ...I think people will follow the rules like they are doing now in town with social distancing....tickets with seats in all areas....I personally just want to get inside even if it's in the top row at the 200 start.... the Eugene crowd is an orderly bunch and the track fans are older..so I think it would work.

Remember the East Grandstand Supporters liked that side primarily because it had a better view...

Comment

• I'd have to see it to believe it. There's no way people who ended up with seats at the 100 start wouldn't look down at 100s of empty seats on the finishline and start sliding that way. Just human nature. A nightmare for the ushers.

Comment

I'd have to see it to believe it. There's no way people who ended up with seats at the 100 start wouldn't look down at 100s of empty seats on the finishline and start sliding that way. Just human nature. A nightmare for the ushers.
              You're probably right....but at least something to consider....if I was in charge I would give it a go with lots of warnings....and no one near the finish line area...

Comment

if Pre happens this year, I suspect/fear there won't be any spectators there to enjoy it.

probably not. Oregon is doing very well compared with other states, but as you mention elsewhere human nature will compel people to crowd to better see what is happening.

Comment

• They were test-driving the Hayward Field lights & AV systems recently.

https://www.kezi.com/content/video/570651872.html

Comment

• A Beast!

Comment

• My guess is that whoever they let loose near the volume knob is going to be out-of-control loud for a while. I'll be happy to lead the pushback on that issue. The crowd makes plenty of noise on its own - we don't need music or gh at 300 db to get pumped up . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                        My guess is that whoever they let loose near the volume knob is going to be out-of-control loud for a while. I'll be happy to lead the pushback on that issue. The crowd makes plenty of noise on its own - we don't need music or gh at 300 db to get pumped up . . .

Amen and amen, brother! Biggest pet peeve at modern sporting events.

Comment

• Announcing is OK but add me to the anti-loud music calvacade...

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                            Announcing is OK but add me to the anti-loud music calvacade...
                            Ditto! When it is spectators making the nioise, it is the sweetest in the world. I remember the noise level at MSG in the early 70's at the Millrose Games . . . There were times I couldn't hear myself think. Or the noise when Martin McGrady ran 1:07.6 at AAU . . . I'll take that noise over obnoxious music every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post
                              I'll take that noise over obnoxious music every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
                              The biggest problem is they keep playing the same songs over and over. Ozzys Crazy Train, anyone? ANYthing by Queen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                The biggest problem is they keep playing the same songs over and over.
                                In my opinion the biggest problem by far is volume. Music content is a distant second but in my opinion music is almost always detrimental to the enjoyment of sports events. Content from gh and his brethren is always appreciated but many times the announcer's sound systems are just set way too loud. I haven't been to a sports event or concert without earplugs for two decades and the situation is getting worse every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X