Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fun times in the scholarship department?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh View Post
    ps—under normal circumstances, Monson could transfer elsewhere to use her final year of eligibility. Is that an option under this year's special circumstances? I don't know.
    According to a recent Flotrack interview with Beth Alford Sullivan, I think she said its not allowed. Athletes must remain at the same institution to receive the extra year.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

According to a recent Flotrack interview with Beth Alford Sullivan, I think she said its not allowed. Athletes must remain at the same institution to receive the extra year.
      Monson wasn't getting an "extra" year. She still had an outdoor season left.

Comment

She was a senior. And I'm guessing she did not get a shoe contract yet, just an agent.

But What was the alternative? Previously, Monson said she was considering staying another year, but not sure. After Wisconsin announced that they will not grant another year of eligibility to Seniors she said that just made the decision easier for her.
        Right...so really she is just going to continue running after college...these days the whole pro label is irrelevant after college eligibility is used up. Anyone can get an agent...

Ps...I see gh has already said that....
        Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-18-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Sounds a bit like semantics. Walter Henning of LSU never competed after the 2011 NCAA champs, was (is) he still a pro?
          From this side of the pond I would say that technically he is a pro because he won't lose any eligibility from earning money from the sport. In practical terms he isn't a pro T&F athlete because he doesn't make a living, even part-time, from the sport because he doesn't do it any more.

Comment

Working...
          X