Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID-19 and our Track and Field Family

I hate to be macabre but I don't want these to get lost in the larger threads.

Please post here any members of the global track and field family who have been public about fighting COVID-19, whether they are athletes, officials, coaches, etc.

Prince Albert of Monaco has been diagnosed with COVID-19, he has had many connections to our sport over the years, you can google to find a lot of articles about this.

W84 masters thrower Mary Roman is hospitalized with COVID-19, currently in stable condition, Rob D'Avellar has been relaying updates from her family: https://www.facebook.com/rob.davellar

Excellent idea...

Comment

Emma (Bates) Ulmer thinks she and her husband probably have it after recent travel to Spain, she has been tweeting about it @emmajbates

They tried to get tested but were unable to get a test.

Comment

The Bates' need to get hired as an NFL coach to get their test.

Comment

An unnamed member of the Weber State track team has tested positive for the virus. https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...e-for-covid-19

Comment

Mary Roman has passed away 😥

Comment

World Athletics reports that Santiago Llorente, "a Spanish cross country international in the 1970s and 1980s" has passed away from coronavirus.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                World Athletics reports that Santiago Llorente, "a Spanish cross country international in the 1970s and 1980s" has passed away from coronavirus.
                I found this on the European Athletics site:

https://www.european-athletics.org/n...age/index.html

Comment

On home page now--Iran's Ehsan Hadadi, the silver medalist in the 2012 Olympic discus throw, has tested positive for the virus.

Comment

Track and field lost Orlando McDaniel to COVID-19 this morning. Not only was he an LSU 2-sport All-American, he was a great mentor and a great human being who will be missed by all of us who had the privilege of knowing him. R.I.P. Coach. 😥😥😥

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      Track and field lost Orlando McDaniel to COVID-19 this morning. Not only was he an LSU 2-sport All-American, he was a great mentor and a great human being who will be missed by all of us who had the privilege of knowing him. R.I.P. Coach. 😥😥😥
                      I had no idea he was 59. Yikes.

Comment

LSU also tweeted that letterwinner Pearson Jordan passed away (and a different tweet indicated it was from COVID-19). A quick google found that he was part of LSU's first national championship relay in 1979.

Comment

Para athlete Michael Assefa has tested positive, the coughing is pretty bad for him, but he has been ok at home so far. Young healthy guy.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                            LSU also tweeted that letterwinner Pearson Jordan passed away (and a different tweet indicated it was from COVID-19). A quick google found that he was part of LSU's first national championship relay in 1979.
                            At age 29? Wow, times have changed...

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

At age 29? Wow, times have changed...
                              No, the relay was 1979, so he was born ~1957-1962 thus ~58-65

Comment

Working...
                              X