Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamberi tested positive at his return from Euro Indoor Championships.
    At least 3 other Italians are positive (one confirmed is Giulia Aprile).

Comment

• Eight of the Dutch athletes have also tested positive upon returning home from Torun. The technical director for the Dutch federation says thatl organizers in Torun did not follow their own protocol, citing an example of the shuttles from the hotel to the meet were supposed to be segregated by country, but all of the athletes ended up mixing, probably because it was cold and they did not want to wait outside.

Also, Holly Bradshaw has tested positive, says her symptoms are mild so far.

Comment

• More positives linked to Torun...

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...printers-torun

Three Ukranian athletes tested positive while in Poland:
        Anna Ryzhykova
        Katerina Klymyuk
        Alina Lohvynenko

Also Viktoriya Ratnikova forced to quarantine in Poland because she was roommates with one of the positive cases.

Two French officials tested positive in Torun on March 8.

One member of the British delegation tested positive on March 9.

One Irish athlete tested positive on March 11.

Poland's 4x400 had to withdraw due to positive tests. Ewa Swoboda also tested positive before competing and was unable to defend her title.

Belgian sprinter Eline Berings had a faint positive and had to pull out of the meet, but a lot of negative tests around that had her pretty upset.

Comment

• Disappointing that such a major event was conducted with such poor safety protocols in place. I hope that this lesson is not lost on the hosts, this summer. As well as those events leading up to Tokyo.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
            Disappointing that such a major event was conducted with such poor safety protocols in place. I hope that this lesson is not lost on the hosts, this summer. As well as those events leading up to Tokyo.
            Another reason I am still not sure about Tokyo...especially with the news European governments have stopped using AZ....when they already are way behind on vaccines and infections climbing again...
            Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-15-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
              Disappointing that such a major event was conducted with such poor safety protocols in place. I hope that this lesson is not lost on the hosts, this summer. As well as those events leading up to Tokyo.
              except we have no idea if the "safety protocols" that failed were a function of the event itself or the prevailing state of infection in the European Union as a whole

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Another reason I am still not sure about Tokyo...especially with the news European governments have stopped using AZ....when they already are way behind on vaccines and infections climbing again...
                If the pause in administering it is due to a possible safety issue that is resolved with several million doses cases to observe (and if AZ does not cut down on production), then AZ would be stockpiling doses that can then be used almost anywhere in Europe to speed up vaccinations. If there is no real issue, some countries without much access might get a cheap deal on doses for a while.

Comment

• Nine Great Britain cases and counting from Euro Indoors.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f...avel-vc32j890z

Comment

• This point of view is from Louisiana, USA
                    I think NCAA indoor was a good example of how to conduct 2021 Olympic. Max 16-20 entries in each event with only one entry/country. Semi and final and done in 4 days. I also suggested this for other sports I like such as swimming, wrestling, weightlifting and so on.

China promised vaccine foe all athletes and companions in Tokyo 2021 and Winter Games 2022. This is a good start. Perhaps Moderna and pfizer can donate some.

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                      Nine Great Britain cases and counting from Euro Indoors.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f...avel-vc32j890z
                      9!...

Tokyo is looking rather ominous now...

Comment

• I don't think we need to be so doom and gloom for Tokyo. Events will be outdoors, weather will be nicer, and hopefully the event will be better organized and most importantly, way more people will be vaccinated by then.

Comment

I don't think we need to be so doom and gloom for Tokyo. Events will be outdoors, weather will be nicer,...
                          have you ever been to Tokyo?

Comment

I don't think we need to be so doom and gloom for Tokyo. Events will be outdoors, weather will be nicer, and hopefully the event will be better organized and most importantly, way more people will be vaccinated by then.
                            In recent years, summer temperatures have been particularly high, prompting news cautions for people to protect themselves from the heat to avoid heat-related illnesses such as heat strokes. On an average day in July, the temperature in Tokyo can reach highs of 35°C (95°F) in July and August. When outside, stay hydrated with water, wear lightweight clothing, and you bring a fan with you.

Due to the danger of being affected by a heatstroke or heat illness, it is not recommended to spend long hours outside during the daytime. It is the best time of the year, though, to visit museums and indoor facilities in the metropolitan areas, or to enjoy hiking and festivals outdoors at cool, mountainous areas.

https://matcha-jp.com/en/2772

Comment

• Also on vaccination numbers check out the covid thread....outside of the US it is pretty bad...

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                                On an average day in July, the temperature in Tokyo can reach highs of 35°C (95°F) in July and August.
                                That's it? I'll go there to cool off in July.

Comment

Working...
                                X